Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have around 200 Ferrari scale models in scale 1/18 and 1/43
it are to much photo´s to post so you can see all my models on my site www.freewebs.com/ferrariboy
my last new ones are the F40 from kyosho ( very nice model) and 2 365 gtb´s from kyoscho ( also very nice)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Fantastic collection.
I have 7 1/18 ferrari models on my office window sill, looks like I've got a long way to go to catch you up;)

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Nice collection.
When my collection of 1/43 models filled my cabinets (300+ models) I had to look for a theme.
There are far too many Ferraris to collect one of each unless you have unlimited space !
My 1/18 models are stored up in the loft :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
1:14 512bb Lm

Ferrariboy,
Did you get the 512BBLM from marktplaats in 2006?

Unfortunately, I was to late!!!
Got a 250LM in 1:14 from the same seller.

I collect 1:14 (brianza, MG14, and HE14 ferrari's)
The models in this scale are mostly handbuilts and made in the 1980's and 1990's. Simply pieces of art! Nowadays models are constructed by computer,
these older models are 99% scratchbuilt by true craftsman like Carlo Brianza.

I also have around a 100 BBR, Heco and Looksmartmodels.
(would give up several 1:43's just to get one of these!)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
some more to share

This is the highlight of the collection!
A 1/12 scale ferrari 330P4 by the precision miniature workshop.

It's commisioned by Nathan's studio in 1987, and only 5-6 were made.
Detail is extraordinary.

Won this amazing modell on ebay out of an estate auction, in which it resided from new. Felt like winning the lottery, I paid 225 dollar!
Never expected to win..

Have been collecting handbuilts in 1:14 and 1:43 for 20 years, and always interested in other collectors and the rare models that I don't know.

For some time I am looking for pictures of the 412P and 1959 250TR in 1:14 by HE - Enrica. Only 25 of each were made, after that production stopped.

MG14 was the company MG-model-plus originated from.
They have made a range of ferrari's in 1:14 which are rarely seen nowadays..

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, that is a hell of a collection. Very impressive to a fellow modeling nerd. I too model. As for static scale models I have almost every Tamiya motorcycle, including the rarest plastic model kit they ever released--the Yamaha YZ250 "lightning" w/rider(who just happened to be Bob "lightning" Hannah). I was offered a trip to Japan, courtesy of Tamiya, just to display the model at a trade show. Needless to say it is a little to fragile for international travel.

I have been racing R/C cars for about ten years, but recently got into scale R/C modeling. Mostly with road race bikes and rock crawlers. My buddy just sent me the pics of my latest project. He absolutely demanded I take pictures of it, so if I can figure out how to post them I will.

This body started off as a 1/10th clod buster. I've been working on this for almost a year. The two tone is the latest variation. I'm still not done with the interior and a few odds and ends. The metal emblems were custom made by a friend of mine who builds the most amazing 1/3rd scale bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the highlight of the collection!
A 1/12 scale ferrari 330P4 by the precision miniature workshop.

It's commisioned by Nathan's studio in 1987, and only 5-6 were made.
Detail is extraordinary.
Hi - my first post on this forum :) I felt compelled to register after seeing this post. Not only is the 330P4 my favourite car (of the racing variety) but also I used to go to Nathan's Studio when I was a little nipper and just getting into Ferrari's!! I spent many a happy hour browsing through his shelves and realising I couldn't afford much that he had for sale lol

It was an amazing little den of Ferrari magic! I always used to have a long chat with Nathan and he would pick out some things that my pocket money might stretch to :)

Do you live nearby (Buckinghamshire wasn't it?)?

I've been collecting Ferrari stuff since I was 13 (33 now) but rapidly running out of room in the house so its slowed down a bit recently until I get a bigger house. Currently have around 350 models and a fair few books and such.

Anyway, thanks for the nostalgia Moriaan :)

Cheers, Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't visit this forum very often, and just read your post about Nathan.
Spoke to him last week, because I saw an announcement about a P4 book he had written, and I never saw. I live in the Netherlands and am still looking for several 1:14's like the Carlo Brianza 250GTO.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
AWSOME [overused term, but appilcable] Ferrariboy: You have a talent. post some more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts