Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
there's some interesting history there with Pininfarina....

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I think perhaps it would have been better if Maserati and Ferrari weren´t together

maybe if they were competing with each other, both would make better cars... or maybe both would run out of business :roll:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
stile - alpine said:
I think perhaps it would have been better if Maserati and Ferrari weren´t together

maybe if they were competing with each other, both would make better cars... or maybe both would run out of business :roll:
Well, they are split now. Ferrari is on its own again and Maserati is under Alfa Romeo. But they co-operate very closely.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me they have very different images and brand personalities. Ferrari has had a very consistent vision of what the brand/cars should be for its entire history. Maserati has a very disjointed past which makes for a mixed heritage. Even under Fiat/Ferrari Ownership it has had a change of direction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, they are split now. Ferrari is on its own again and Maserati is under Alfa Romeo. But they co-operate very closely
well actually they are both now under FIAT.. Alfa has nothin to do with this... neither Ferrari or Maser are independent anymore...

but yeh as u said theyre quite similar and operate very closely... like the Quattroporte engine is based on a hybrid of a pre-production F430 & a 360's..... whereas the chassis is based on the 612 Scaglietti... 8)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
as far as I know, Maserati is getting closer to Alfa Romeo

and they are all owned by Fiat, as well as Lancia and some other brands I don´t remember anymore

1 - 9 of 9 Posts