Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some help in deciding on what to buy. I'm looking to purchase my first supercar and pretty much have my panties in a bunch. I've looked at used 360's and new 430's as well as new Gallardo's and just don't know what to do. I'm taking into account reliability, expensive maintenance costs, and of course the overall "fun factor". I mainly plan on using the car on the weekends and the occasional weekday summer nights so a convertible may be preferred. Bottom line is, I plan on keeping this bad girl for a long time and don't need constant headaches. Any help would be appreciated guys.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If I was to choose between purchasing a new F430 Or Lambo Gallardo, I would definitely pick the F430. It sounds better, cheaper, equal in speed and it's got a much more spohisticated interior.
It matters if you prefer a V8 to a V10 engine....
In my opinion, Ferrari is more renowned than Lamborghini, so Insurance and fixing wouldn't be too hard in most areas of the world.

The pricing I found were:

Ferrari F430 - $169000 US

Lamborghini - $175000 US

Anyway, either way both of them are fine cars!:rolleyes:
Good Luck

·
Registered
3,928 Posts

Lamborghini - $175000 US
At 2.05 US Dollars to the GB Pound, that's much cheaper than the UK, where new 430's are in the £140K - £150K bracket (equivalent to $300K), and even used 430's are fetching £110K - £145K (min $225K)

http://www.dealer.ferrari.com/graypaul/nottingham/
Current stocklist and prices from the UK's largest Ferrari dealership

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I've driven both the F430 and Gallardo several times. They are so different and so equal in many ways. At the end of the day I always pick the F430 for its sound, versatility (it can be a daily driver, screaming machine, or a highway cruiser) and because its a Ferrari. The Lambo is a great car and would be my second purchase for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Lamborghini - $175000 US

Anyway, either way both of them are fine cars!
Good Luck

Where can you get a new F430 for 169K USD?

PLEASE TELL ME

1 - 6 of 6 Posts