Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In cars, the fastest class is GTS for real cars on the road. The Corvette has been winning the GTS almost as long as Ferrari has been winning Formula One. The other exotics cannot come close. Of course, Porsche races in a slower class.

Will Ferrari ever take the GTS series seriously?

:roll:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Bart said:
In cars, the fastest class is GTS for real cars on the road. The Corvette has been winning the GTS almost as long as Ferrari has been winning Formula One. The other exotics cannot come close. Of course, Porsche races in a slower class.

Will Ferrari ever take the GTS series seriously?

:roll:
Aren't they? Look at the FIA GT championship, Ferrari dominates the GT, with 550's and 575's. The factory supports the proces in this class. I think they want to beat the corvette's in de GTS in the end...

...btw. the GT's (from the FIA GT) rules and the GTS's rules (from le mans) are going to change. They want these rules for the cars to be the same. Well, that's what they want...

Also, they have got the new (not accepted) Maserati MC12 (Enzo based) to enter the GTS...

·
Registered
613 Posts
:roll: just did some extra reading....

...the MC12 was build to use in the GTS at Le Mans and the GT at FIA GT Championship. Because of the different rules, it is allowed to enter the GTS at Le Mans, but not to enter the FIA GT.

They say it's to wide, but rumors say they think it's to fast. They don't want the domination (like Ferrari has in the F1) in the GT....

...this is the reason why they want the same rules for both classes.

The new Maser will probably not drive this year, due to politics...

·
Registered
476 Posts
The Corvettes are reaching the end of their reign. Before them it was the Viper GTS (one of my all time favorates). Unfortunitly I don't think the Ferraris will be the ones to pick up thier crown. True they've been fast and the only real challengers to the Vettes. Untill this year. The new Lambo has been fast straight out of the box and has taken the fight to both the Ferraris and Vettes. It took Prodrive to develope the 550 not the Ferrari factory. Ferrari is concerned about F1 and anything else is just a sideline. That was always the case before and is still the case now.

As far as politics are concerned, it's not the first time Maserati has screwed up by building a car for competition that didn't meet the rules reqirements. If the FIA thought it was too fast they'd just put smaller air restrictors on the car to reduce the power. The've done that before and it's worked, they've done it to the Vettes already. What you see racing out there isn't a straight fight right now, nor will it ever be. The rules are there to keep the racing as close as possible. As a team you look at the rules and say, "what car would be the best platform for me to exploit these rules" and take it from there.

·
Registered
613 Posts
senna21 said:
It took Prodrive to develope the 550 not the Ferrari factory. Ferrari is concerned about F1 and anything else is just a sideline. That was always the case before and is still the case now.
Yes, but it's the Ferrari factory has seen the prodrive 550 and gave an anwser with the 575. The 575 needs more developmend, but it's getting faster as we speak.
The 575 GTC is a privateers car, that's what Ferrari likes. Other people buying and driving the car... ...and they get the credits!
Also, F1 is getting less and less attention form the people. In about ten years, there might be an other carsport on top... (I sure hope not, because that's not good for my site :lol: ) ...if so, Ferrari probably wants to be on top there.

As a team you look at the rules and say, "what car would be the best platform for me to exploit these rules" and take it from there.
True, but the power is just a fraction of the resons. There are much more, but most important is the fact that Maserati only looked at the Le Mans rules... (not so smart) ...just found that they are changing the car to be able to enter this year.

I am very curious about the Lambo. I did not read anything about the car before, so I don't know how it performes...
...but I sure like to see the futhere races, because they are going to be exciting.... :wink: :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts