Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through my Comcast ON Demand section and came across a Ferrari special. Has anyone seen this? I highly recommend it. It was awesome, they toured all the major parts of the factory, talked about the engine building area with the trees for optimal humidity and how Ferrari has the state of the art rust protection system (better than any manufactures in the world according to the show). A must see for all of us here.

·
Registered
374 Posts
... and how Ferrari has the state of the art rust protection system (better than any manufactures in the world according to the show). A must see for all of us here.
So Ferrari has a state of the art rust protection system? Better than the other car makers? I suppose this was developed after the 1998 model year wasn't it? Or maybe it's a rust protection system to protect the factory against rust...

Don't get me wrong, my Ferrari is the best car as far as I'm concerned, but let's keep the rust away from the conversation...

:cool:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Is it suppose to air again anytime soon?

Chris

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it is the program about building the 599, it is part of a series of programs about "Mega contructions" and it will be repeated (over and over again !). Even here in DK we have seen it more than once.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
WOW!! Andrew that was awesome!! This video renewed my enthusiasm to be a proud owner of one of the cars produced by this super factory. The Ferrari is deserving of it's legend. What craftsmanship, what pride these folks take in their work. Every car must be perfect. Anyone who thinks Ferraris are too expensive should view this and realise that you do indeed get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow....thats all I can say, that video was amazing... One problem, I want a Ferrari 10x more now:) One day I will own one of these magnificent pieces of art.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I wasn't a huge fan of the 599, but after that it definitely jumped up on my list of favorite cars!:D

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Does the 599 have the option of a stick vs paddle? Just curious. In the video it said $260,000....looking on the internet that is quite a steal, most 599s are going for around $500,000.:eek: I'll take two;)

Chris

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW!! Andrew that was awesome!! This video renewed my enthusiasm to be a proud owner of one of the cars produced by this super factory. The Ferrari is deserving of it's legend. What craftsmanship, what pride these folks take in their work. Every car must be perfect. Anyone who thinks Ferraris are too expensive should view this and realise that you do indeed get what you pay for.
Pete,

I couldn't agree more. The price of the F430 suddenly didn't seem all that bad. I think it is awesome that 1 guy builds your entire engine at his work station and takes such pride in it. That is craftsmanship! And seeing how they make the alloy for the engine, those guys too clearly love it! How about the fact that each engine has its own sand mold!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I've had this video for a while on DVD. It really is great to see how these cars are made. It is a bit annoying, however, how they keep putting Maseratis in the footage and keep talking like we're seeing a 599....

Onno
They show the F430 a few times also:rofl:

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
This film is very nice. In fact it shows angles of the 599 in motion that are very interesting. As far as I am concerned, it should help sell the car. It's getting to me.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I would like to see the F430 Scuderia being made:D

Chris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts