Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 550 holds the records for fastest 100 kilometers, fastest 100 miles, and furthest in one hour including a change of drivers for the 20th century by a production car. A few months ago, the new Lambo 6.5 took the record. It went 3 miles faster. Rats.

My questions for vast knowledge which is on this forum is:

Is the Enzo a production car?

If it is, then when will it re-capture the record?

If it is not, then can the “new” 575 bring it back to Ferrari?

:cry:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Bart said:
...My questions for vast knowledge which is on this forum is:

Is the Enzo a production car?

If it is, then when will it re-capture the record?

If it is not, then can the “new” 575 bring it back to Ferrari?

:cry:

#1- Yes, it is a production car.

#2- Only if Ferrari goes for the attempt will they get a chance to (and more than likely) break it.

#3- I think the Murci' has the edge on top speed.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Bart,
Where did you get that info? I had no idea they did records like that. I'm guessing that it wasn't Ferrari that actually took the 550 and drove it to get those records. Usually its an independent race team that buys a 550 and races in events like that. The Enzo would more than likely beat all those but only if someone buys and races it for that purpose (which will be unlikely).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
enzo is a production car, 400 will be made.
an experienced driver can brake those records. Give the car to Tiff Needle and he will brake it.

About the Murcie, this will be a close call, with enough room the Enzo might go over, but it will be close

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The record was set by an Italian driver & an Amrican driver at the Honda test track in Ohio. It is about 7 or 8 miles long.

:green:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
There was an article on Road and Track about this a few months ago, it did something ridiculous like 195mph for 8 hours, something along these lines of insanity. If I remember when I go home next I'll look it up, it was ridiculous though how fast and how long it went. I doubt Ferrari will top it even though they could easily make the Enzo do it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
How about that record at Nardo?? Lamborghini had it, but then big brother VW got it...Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is an old post about this topic. My 550 went a little over 183 miles in one hour. There was a pit stop where the American reporter took over from an Italian reporter. It is easlier to make the seat go back. Fuel was taken on.

The 550 broke the record set by a Corvette in 1990 in the high 170s. This record was made in late 1997. The Lambo went over 186s mile in only an hour but in 2002.

Yes, it is set on an American oval track but it is a test track for Honda. Top speed, in my mind is very important in a car. Get me on a California Freeway and NO ONE including the CHP cruisers, helicopters, and planes can catch me. They (CHP) will stop a Prosche, Corvette, BWM, Toyota, Jaguar, or anything short of the new Lambo. Of course, I do not go over the speed limit set by the state of California.

BONZI. A 427 hemi will take anything in a quarter but after that: "Good Bye".

:green:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tifoso_Boy said:
How about that record at Nardo?? Lamborghini had it, but then big brother VW got it...Does anyone know what I'm talking about??? :eek:
Ofcourese i do, I saw the W12 in Paris, damn fine machine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts