Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official unveiling of the 'Structuration F1 Ferrari' sculpture

07/30/2002

Maranello, 30th July – A work of art by the French sculptor Jean-Yves Lechevallier, recently placed outside the historic Ferrari management office building, was officially unveiled today by President Montezemolo and Jean Todt, in the presence of the artist and the press.

Entitled “Structuration F1 Ferrari,” the sculpture by the French artist is made with a real F1 car, caged in a dynamic pose, in a chromed metallic tubular structure. It has been placed between the central building and the Ferrari showroom, on a specially created lawn area. The work is an integral part of the continuing process of innovative organisation, at the same time aesthetic and cultural, taking place on the Ferrari site, which was presented a few days ago by President Montezemolo during the “Formula Uomo” even

An interesting piece to say the least....

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've thought about it for a while now and I find this "sculpture" contradictory.

The car represents the success Ferrari finally achieved in F1. The breaking-out from the years of failure of making it to the championship.

And now that symbol of "freedom" is being locked-up in a cage? Doesn't make sense to me.

And I bet you they paid alot of bucks for it too...

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I agree with Peter. I don't really "get it". But then again, I don't understand a lot of what people praise as "art".

·
Registered
490 Posts
Trick or treat? :)

I say this is one worthy of becoming a zombie.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
totally get it and I like it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts