·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, did not see that coming.:yikes:

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
How could they not see it coming? The signs were clearly there.

I saw it starting in March, 2005, and started moving on it accordingly! Layed off the help, sold off the inventory, went from 2,500 ft2 to 300 ft2, and knocked $2,800/month off my overhead.

Now how come I saw and others did not?

Dreamers that's why.

How about the person who paid $200K over sticker for a 599 when they came out!

There is a big difference between seeing clearly and pretending to be blind!!!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I was going to say I didn't think that there was any car company that was flourishing right now, with the global economy issue.

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I think I read that Toyota is doing the best...per say.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
With the exception of that ugly R8, they are making a few neat cars.

So that news is not a surprise to me.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, didn't realize that Audi was doing that well. I do however like the R8....bit pricey though.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
If my area is any indicator Audi is doing well.

Have not seen any R8's here cause high end buyers know better. They buy Ferrari's!!!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I have only seen the R8 in person and it seems like a very nice car. It doesn't really have a wow factor, but it is definitely nice in my opinion. Has anyone ever driven one?

Chris

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Honda is not doing well. Don't know why, but they have their F1 team up for sale, of course they had the largest budget in F1 > 500 mill/year....shoot, it's reported that it will cost them $150million just to pay the penalty to get out, but guess it's a savings.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It is for sure a great deal of what many took for granted will change.

The NFL announced layoffs of 200 people yesterday.

It just cannot go on as if there is no tomorrow. Today is "tomorrow"!

As to F1, I read that Ferrari has a bank in Spain that is going to sponsor the race there! Are they nuts? Will that entitle that bank to bailout funds after they do this?

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
It just cannot go on as if there is no tomorrow. Today is "tomorrow"!

As to F1, I read that Ferrari has a bank in Spain that is going to sponsor the race there! Are they nuts? Will that entitle that bank to bailout funds after they do this?

I was just saying that yesterday :|

a bank, getting into F1, now that's just crazy.....

Reminds me of the NPR ad I heard this morning: "This segment brought to you by HomeLand Security"

I'm thinking, why are they wasting taxpayer money on telling us. Like we don't know what they do, or what?

It's like the IRS advertising: "we tax you and spend it.." thanks for listening.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Here is a rundown on different manufacturers from EVO. Net net Ferrari and RR are OK.

Ferrari
Production levels are similar to last year and the order book for the new California is claimed to run to 2011. ‘Ferrari occupies a much smaller, exclusive sector of the market catering to the really wealthy who are carrying on buying what they want, recession or no recession,’ said chief executive Amedeo Felisa, although he admitted order intake is being watched closely.

Rolls-Royce
No production cutbacks planned and chief executive Tom Purves has insisted sales will top 1000 this year, little changed from 2007. ‘But we have highly flexible production and can adapt readily,’ he added.

Bentley
Production cut back to a three-day week; October production down 30 per cent. European sales in October running 40 per cent down on the same month last year.

Aston Martin

The production boom fuelled by Aston’s cheapest model, the V8 Vantage, is now going sharply into reverse. Total output to end-September was almost double the 3153 of the same period in 2007, but dipped sharply in October. Euro-sales are now almost 25 per cent down.

Porsche

The problems of high volume are now hitting home. Production is running 25 per cent down and European sales are a third lower and falling. But Porsche is the richest car maker in Europe, is well placed to ride out a recession and will benefit from the launch of the Panamera four-seater next year.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
more like the 'dime-a-dozen' cars will hurt the most, Porsche/AMartin

More exotic and such, with better history, well, they'll do ok....even in Ferrari's case.

However, I'll bet the California will not fair well....

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Great info, Boxer, but I think the Ferrari numbers are actually more telling in the British report originally posted by Andrew.

I believe Ferrari is going to feel exactly what many other manufacturers will feel regardless of the sector into which they sell.

Bentley is getting killed here in the US as is Maserati- $35K - $50K discounts on new 08's in stock! Ouch!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts