Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At yesterday's Auto Italia, my son and I were wandering around the Ferrari paddock looking at the different tipo's, saying the odd 'hi' or 'hello' to the owners, who were all very pleasant. To my total surprise, 4 owners said to me, 'would your little boy like to sit in a Ferrari?'.

As it happens, I laughed and explained that we had one and he get's to sit/ride in it every week. My son did protest and asked why he couldn't sit in them, so I had to explain that he is very fortunate because most kids, even most adults will never sit in or have a ride in a Ferrari, and he does every week.

He did have a good look at the BB & TR's engine's, which he said were better than mine because they had 4 more cylinders:(

Thanks to the owners of the 512 BB, 512 TR and 2 X 328 owners:thumbup:
Proving that Ferrari owners are very nice people:)

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
You know what, it could be that they saw Junior with the Lambo and thought hey man that kid is gonna grow up thinking Ferrari's are so uncool and what if he tells everyone Lambos are cooler than Ferraris and then the market value of my investment is gonna plummet and then my pension is gonna be non-existant and then...gotta stop this... so its like "Hey Kid! Ferraris are cooler than Lambos - come see for yourself"

Arch its all self interest...

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T1f, NoNoNoNo, stop it;)
I already feel bad about buying him a Lambo.
That's it, when he's gone to bed, I'm going to take it from under his pillow (that is if he isn't still cuddling it) and put it in the bin.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
That's it, when he's gone to bed, I'm going to take it from under his pillow (that is if he isn't still cuddling it) and put it in the bin.
Ohh! you are so cruel!!

The way I look at it is this - so long as he develops a penchant for ladies in lycra catsuits and not guys with moustachios in hawaiian shirts/shorts he is doing fine ;)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boxer, stop it, I'm almost feeling sorry for you now.

Anyhow, I think I've disproved my own theory about ferrari owners being nice by taking my sons favorite toy, the one he cuddles in bed before he goes to sleep, and then kisses it goodnight and thrown it in the bin (it was for his own good, it was a Lambo);)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are now officially our Dark Lord:cool:
It will be an honour to serve you all:D

Now I need to plot my evil masterplan to take over the world.

First, I will abolish all taxes on super unleaded fuel, ban cars with engines of less than 6 cylinders, make the minimum speed limit on the open highway 100 MPH. Jail all sandal wearing bean munching enviro protesting hippies.

Any other suggestions for my manifesto are welcome.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Anyone with a 2CV should be jailed & all car restorers should be alloted their own Nordic au-pair:D & brewery:)

I always used to feel that I was being unfaithful when working on Lambo's (I've only ever done 2 mind!) Never felt like that when doing Maser's though...............odd:confused:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone with a 2CV should be jailed & all car restorers should be alloted their own Nordic au-pair:D & brewery:)

I always used to feel that I was being unfaithful when working on Lambo's (I've only ever done 2 mind!) Never felt like that when doing Maser's though...............odd:confused:
Al, only 1 nordic au-pair, I was going to give you at least 2:D
I prefer a distillery to a brewery, a vinyard would be nice too.

I've always felt the same about Maser's too, never seen them as rivals to Ferrari, must be the Fiat ownership.

On the other hand, I'm an Audi fan and am not that keen on Lambo's:confused:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
It will be an honour to serve you all:D

Now I need to plot my evil masterplan to take over the world.

First, I will abolish all taxes on super unleaded fuel, ban cars with engines of less than 6 cylinders, make the minimum speed limit on the open highway 100 MPH. Jail all sandal wearing bean munching enviro protesting hippies.

Any other suggestions for my manifesto are welcome.
I would reinstate the old English tradition of Drawing and Quartering and apply it to all of those caught sitting on the highway in the outside lanes doing less than the new minimum speed limit.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would reinstate the old English tradition of Drawing and Quartering and apply it to all of those caught sitting on the highway in the outside lanes doing less than the new minimum speed limit.
Great idea, we can bring it into the 21st century by using our prancing horses instead of the 4 legged variety:D

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We would need to be careful about how this was set up. I would hate to get splatter stuck in the rear challange grill.
If you use your new beast and a long enough piece of rope you should be able to out accellerate the splatter:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts