Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I landed in San Francisco airport on Monday. Today I decided to go for a spin and borrowed a car from a family member here. Drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to Mill Valley, the location of the dealer. Not much in the show room but they did have a nice 360 CS. I just loved the inside but couldn't sit as it was sold. They didn't have anything else to get excited about. 2 360s and 2 575s Told them about the site and hope something will come of it but don't really expect it.

I have limited computer time and will answer some post next week when I get back to Tokyo.

No pictures (my baggage was lost by the airlines, it is on its way as I type this) as I didn't have my camera. :evil:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ferrari of SF is my local dealer(I live in SF).

I know when I was up to visit there were alot more cars than that when I saw...inlcuding an Argento Nurburgring 550 Barchetta, a Bianco Testarossa, a couple of 575M's a TDF 360 Modena, one in Rosso Corsa, and a 360 Spider in Bianco and one in Rosso Corsa(in which I got my first ride in a Ferrari). And yes, they had the Stradale and I must comment that it's quite low to get into, but I guess that's attributed partly to the sport seats, which I might add are quite comfortable.

You're defiitely right that the dealer is quite small, but I really like the location with the little cove in the back.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also live in the area and bought my 360 there. Ferrari of SF is the only factory dealer outside of Maranello. The guys are very helpful and friendly. They also have an upstairs showroom where they keep some of the exotics. They have an original Datona spider done by scagletti (if I am spelling it right), red with tan interior.
They are going to have a open house on the 24th in their San Rafael service center to go over the Enzo's technical info. It is open to Ferrari Club memebrs.

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
almost correct
it's daytona spider and scaglietti

also that dealer isn't the only factory dealer outside of italy anymore
Ferrari Spa bought Pozzi, the french ferrari importer

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4i2fly said:
They also have an upstairs showroom where they keep some of the exotics. They have an original Datona spider done by scagletti (if I am spelling it right), red with tan interior.
Cool. I didn't go upstairs thinking it was where they had their offices. I don't live in San Francisco so I don't know the area well but it seemed like a remote location. Then again I was coming from the other side of the bay. I will probably be moving to this area in 6 months, we'll have to get together at Infenion (sp?).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sears Point (Infineon raceway), hum... I have not actually drove my car there. It is very technical and I hear very difficult with short run offs and concrete barriers. I have been wanting to sign up for Jim Russle racing school (a whole day venue). They show you how to drive your car around the track, in your own car! May be this summer. I am itching to take my car back to the track, I've been to Laguna seca a couple of times. I was surprised to see that Ferrari Club does not have any track days yet for 2004. Which club do you take your car out on the track?

Cheers,

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
4i2fly

the ferrari club is holding it's annual meet during the monterey week this year, so they will be driving on Laguna Seca :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's in August and it will be crazy! I will be there but going on the track with 30,000 other people... I don't know. They usually have track days once a quarter. This year, so far the schedule does not have any track days... which surprises me! Last year they had a track day event at Laguna Seca in March which I participated! They had Thunderhill and Infineon and Laguna again during the Concourso Italiano weekend in August. So I am not sure what's going on. I will be seeing some of those guys next week and will ask...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i know that it will be crazy
that's why i am coming to the US also for the first time
1 week between ferrari's?? no way that i could miss that :green:

·
Registered
895 Posts
Stradale said:
You guys in the US have all the fun!! :(
Yeah, but you get to drive Herr Schumacher around in your 360! Although I read you don't really get a whole lot of interaction with him...but still.

Should be a good year...50 years of Ferrari in the states, right?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Correction, Rosso. He drove my 360. I drove him in my F355. And I also drove him in the F1 drivers parade. Once in Ferrari 308 QV and once in an MGB cabrio.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Stradale said:
Correction, Rosso. He drove my 360. I drove him in my F355. And I also drove him in the F1 drivers parade. Once in Ferrari 308 QV and once in an MGB cabrio.
Ahh, right. Excuse me for that.

But still, indeed the impressive I guess you could call it an achievement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts