Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the possibility of importing a Mondial T coupe from the UK as the exchange rate here in South Africa is very favourable at present.

Can anyone advise of the running costs of a Mondial T as opposed to the 308 GTSi I had. Of course the parts will be more expensive but are they generally less finicky owing to them being far more modern cars?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I can't help directly on the running costs but the difference will be similar to a comparison between a 308i and a 348.

You should be able to find a very nice Mondial t in the UK right now. There are quite a few on the market, quite reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Schumacher said:
I am looking at the possibility of importing a Mondial T coupe from the UK as the exchange rate here in South Africa is very favourable at present.

Can anyone advise of the running costs of a Mondial T as opposed to the 308 GTSi I had. Of course the parts will be more expensive but are they generally less finicky owing to them being far more modern cars?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Having had your 308 GTSi, I don't think any aspect of owning and running a Mondial T will surprise you. It is a newer car and benefits from better construction quality.

I have owned my Mondial QV for 2 years and the only thing I've had to do was repair the front tie rod end. A possible headache on a Mondial T is the power steering box going out. The worst case replacement scenario is one from the factory ($5K), or possibly having it rebuilt ( I recommended a source to an owner at another chat site but never heard back how he made out).

I am certain that you will enjoy the T. Best wishes. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts