Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love ferraris but Ive seen Corvette z06s and zr1s that can do circules around ferraris with the fraction of the price!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's like saying Tom Cruise is a better actor than Derek Jacobi, just because his films gross more revenue.

You have a lot to learn, my friend. Stick around and open your mind.

Onno
I understand you have to defend your car.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I don't mean to sound harsh, however, most likely at this point in your life, your interest lies in cost/ specs/ HPs/ which one is faster in 0 - 60/, etc. That is a phase which you'll pass eventually. Beyond then, you'll begin to understand why the members here in FL are a bunch of illogical but devout Ferraris (and other fine cars too) lovers,...all because of passion. Hang around long enough and you might be brainwashed too. Good luck w/ your Corvette. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I understand you have to defend your car.
Out of curiosity why would you go on a Ferrari site to say Corvettes are better? I, being from Detroit love Vettes but saying they are better is just not true. 0-60 times are not that important. Who can win in a drag race doesn't seem relevant to much. I see that you are 19, do you have any pictures of your vette? What model? C4, C5, C6?

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
If price and 0-60 are your only concerns, why buy a Z06, get yourself a Radical or an Atom they will run rings around a Corvette, and will probably still be in one piece in 5 years time. Or go and get a superbike, they are even cheaper.
You are trying to compare an orange with an astronaut, by mentioning a Corvette in the same breath as a Ferrari.
You have completely missed the point about Ferrari and what it means to own or desire one. If you love Ferrari, none of the things you want in a car are important. I suggest you join the Corvette Forum:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
14 Posts
A pair of boots

:steeringwheel::wall::wall::wall:
I love Ferrari's but Ive seen Corvette z06s and zr1s that can do circles around Ferrari's with the fraction of the price!
A Corvette is a collection of " polymers of high molecular weight, and may contain other substances to improve performance and/or reduce costs" attached to some wheels through a carriage type suspension that can run circles around some hick town where ignorant vette owners are being brought to life by pure coincidence to reveal their boots and lack of respect for a true Ferrari owner.
At first you have to respect these guys for their commitment and passion for their exceptional cars and then go on-line get some Top Gear shows, watch them for a few weeks and you might understand where "quintessential" comes from and why Italian cars are made for the elite soul and body.
A bottle of fine wine, a very desirable suit or a truly high performance exotic car can only be found being made where people still respect their roots.
I do not own a Ferrari but I do have respect for these guys, their forum and not at last for their dream, heart and soul machines.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Corvette Man

Put a Z06 and a 430 Scud on the track at Spa and see who puts in the better times.

It is not just about straight line speed. You need to be able to brake and go around corners as well.
Ferraris are like art work, I used to be crazy about Ferraris untill I find out that a Corvette could run with a Ferrari, Even tho Im a Corvette fan I'm still allso a Ferrari fan! I apologize for what I said earlier.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
ZR1 will dust the 430 scud
Nope it won't. The real curiosity here is why did you join a Ferrari forum to dump on Ferraris? About 75-80% of the forum owns Ferraris. I am one of the few who don't. You don't own a Z06 or a ZR1, so you don't know which one is better. Cars aren't just about which one goes the fastest in a straight line, or which is the fastest around some track. It is about the whole package of the vehicle. Corvettes have always been known somewhat as a work horse. Its very hard to wear down a vette. They are very practical and easy to maintain. Like it was said earlier in this thread Ferraris are like a fine wine, or in my opinion a nice work of art. They aren't just a hunk of metal you buy, beat the crap out of, and get rid of. It is a very meticulous car. Well I'm going to stop now because I own a Cobalt ;)

P.S-You can't compare these cars, because they were created for a different agendas.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Corvette/Ferrari Man

Ferraris are like art work, I used to be crazy about Ferraris untill I find out that a Corvette could run with a Ferrari, Even tho Im a Corvette fan I'm still allso a Ferrari fan! I apologize for what I said earlier.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Wow what a surprise to see a thread such as this here!

I thought these were only found on F.C.!!!

TBH I don't think we get very many, but if we do they are not made welcome in the nicest possible way. I don't think anyone here gets really angry, more 'so what?' and so they eventually get bored of their own siht and leave.

Then I think someone quietly deletes the post leaving no trace of their meagre, inconsequential existence and we carry on digressing...

Obvoiusly there is a plan B - we track them down via their ISP signature, pinpoint their precise location, have a word in the right ear and as I was saying...someone quietly deletes the post leaving no trace of their meagre, inconsequential existence and we carry on digressing...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts