Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I invited some people from our forum to join me for lunch in the middle of Holland yesterday. Unfortunately some couldn't make it due to various other commitments or broken-down Ferrari's (the car of Hans308GT4 was lying in bits yesterday morning) but nevertheless Louis355 (Lodewijk) and his friend Sander, Vitalone (David) and myself made it.

David rocked up in his 993 Carrera 2 as his 308 is still stationed at Boxer's place in Southern Europe. He took a ride with me for the day in the 550 and, I think I am right in saying, was suitably impressed. He remarked the Tubi made the car sound very different from agp22's car, which he drove a couple of weeks ago.

We had a lovely lunch talking about Ferrari's (what else), and then Louis and I swapped keys and had a short drive around De Veluwe.

I had never driven an F355 before, and it was a truly great experience. It's very different car than my 550; it's much lighter on the flywheel (thus it has a quick revving immediacy about it). In fact, everything is lighter about it including the controls. It steers with less weight but with nice feel. One thing that was immediately obvious was the glorious sound - it really sounds just wonderful. A more shrieking rasp than the mellow sound of my car. From 5,000 rpm it makes your hairs in the back of your neck stand up! You need to drive it on power more than torque - it really is a car that enjoys a good hustle.

Thanks, Louis, for letting me drive your gorgeous machine. Hope you enjoyed mine.

In the afternoon we visited another Ferrari enthousiast - a great photographer called Peter Terpstra. He promised to swing by our forum one of these days and post some pics.

Just when we got home, Hans called that he almost put his 308GT4 back together so we drove out to Utrecht to have a look. I took some photos there of David's Porsche and my 550, but unfortunately it was getting dark quickly so I didn't photograph the 308GT4. It's a great car, in dark blue - undervalued and underestimated. Personally, I love it, and so did David. Finally, at 21:00, we decided we needed some food and parted ways.

Attached are some photos of a great day. Thanks for coming 'round David, I had a great time. Can't wait to see your 308GTB next time.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
It was nice meeting you again Onno and getting to know David. My doughter keeps on asking when David is coming back ;)

Yesterday was the second time I saw your car in real-life and I am still in love with the color. I had forgotten how dark it is, but it looks so good!

My wife was impressed by the short ride in your car, so diffrent from the 355 we drove in a few years ago. But next time she would like to join a ride on the highway, she said the straits were too short yesterday :D

The white Carrera 2 of David looks great to, I love these cars but I am really looking forward to seeing his 308!

I enclosed a picture of Hans his gorgeous 308 GT4. I will post the pictures of your 550 later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
And I even got to practice my poor Dutch! Thank you gentlemen for humouring me while I butted into the conversations with my unintentional combination of Dutch, Afrikaans and English.

Great countryside, cars and company. And the weather was pretty good too. The bonus was to experience Onno's magnificent Maranello and Lois' feisty F355 GTB. They go about being fast in different ways, but both are glorious, exciting Ferraris. Classic V12 brute power versus V8 finesse and fizz.

Hans' 308 GT/4 is superb and is proof that the GT/4 is a very underrated car-it looks and sounds gorgeous.

Cannot wait to join you all in the 308 GTB!

Thanks for the great pictures, Onno. The Vanilla Thrilla and Nachtblau Beauty look great together.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Amazing pictures! Sounds like it was a great time!

Chris

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks, Louis, for letting me drive your gorgeous machine. Hope you enjoyed mine.
Enjoyed very much indeed, what a machine! Beautifull colour combination. The enormous power and torque is every time unbelievable impressive. Sounds great with the tubi's and drives like heaven. You feel confident right away, it's very stable, corner's like a (big) knife and gives you the choice between a comfortable GT or a true sportscar whenever you feel like it..
Absoluty the best GT around. And thank you also trusting me with your car. One problem...now I really want one..:)

Great to meet you guys and looking forward to a new get together, hopefully including the 308GTB and 308GT4.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Great! Hope for better weather next time. Louis, the 550, ain't it just crazy?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Louis, the 550, ain't it just crazy?
Yes, and I like it. Great to experience the substantial difference between both cars. 550's are perfect for the real ferrari gentlemen's (with a naughty touch):)

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
very nice posts and great pictures!!

nice to see that the weather is good again in the old continent and that your Ferraris are out enjoying it =)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Absolutely stunning pictures! Great job!:)

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts