Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, how many Ferrari's are there in Seoul, Korea? Who owns them and how many of them are over there? Are they mostly owned by Koreans or by expatriates??

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome Johnny, We do have some other Korean owners on here. Hopefully they'll chime in. I don't know of any expatriates in Korea that own Ferraris. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there ~

I'm from Seoul, Korea and I own a 2004 F360 (w/ GruppeM intake & Tubi exhaust) ~

As for how many Ferraris in Korea ==> not sure but I do see them around if you go to a certain area called Kangnam F430 are pretty common and I've also seen an Enzo ~

Some other facts for you:-

1) Kuzplus the official Ferrari dealer got their license stripped in 2005 but a new official dealer recently opened up  FMK (Ferrari Maserati of Korea) as well as a Lambo dealer
2) There is an area in Korea called Kang-Nam especially the Apkujung and Cheungdam area were you will see a lot of Super Cars – F430 is really popular.
3) As far as I know the owners are usually Koreans not many expats I know drive Ferraris
4) There are many auto clubs in Korea and I know a Ferrari owners club but not sure if they are an official club or not.
5) Not sure if you can read Korean but check out this site http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/ one of the popular internet site in Korea for used cars and you can see a pretty big collection of imports which includes Super Cars such as Lambos, Ferraris, etc.

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, thanks for all the responses. I've seen a clip of someone driving a Ferrari F430 in Seoul.
What do average Koreans think of Ferrari? Do they think that it is too expensive? Also, do most rich Korean kids(meaning their parents are loaded with money) in Kangnam drive buy/lease/rent Ferrari's or Lamborghini's??
I wonder how much it would cost in Korean money...

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
You ask a string of strange questions. In a lot of Asian countries the taxes on these cars can be outrageous. I am sure the owners of Ferraris in Korea like their cars very much.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Johnny Kim, if you don't mind me asking, why the special interest in Ferraris in Korea?

We love them all, no matter were they live ;) hehehehehe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize for asking strange questions but it's been almost seventeen years since I visited Korea. I am just very impressed that the country has prospered so much. During my visit, I really haven't seen that many exotic cars. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well Johnny -

Here are some answers to your questions:-

1) What do average Koreans think of Ferrari? ==> just like in any other country it's adream car for many; something to shoot for ~

2) Do they think that it is too expensive? ==> a new F430 coupe is priced around 294,000 USD; a new 612 Scaglietti is priced around 445,000 USD; expensive for most.

3) Also, do most rich Korean kids(meaning their parents are loaded with money) in Kangnam drive buy/lease/rent Ferrari's or Lamborghini's?? ==> buy and lease (thru the company they own); not sure about the rich parent (I'm sure there are some)

4) I wonder how much it would cost in Korean money... ==> 2억 5천 에서 5억

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, how are you ? my name is Leonardo Del Bue, I have 37 years old, I'm a lawyer, I live in Argentina
I wanted to ask, as from December 13 I will be in Seoul with my wife and son to visit my wife's family, as I commented am looking for information because he wanted to fulfill my dream to drive a ferrari at least a few minutes for this reason, if you know someone who wants to rent a Ferrari for 30 minutes, I would be ready to rent
thanks and greetings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Information of ferrari

Hi, how are you ? my name is Leonardo Del Bue, I have 37 years old, I'm a lawyer, I live in Argentina
I wanted to ask, as from December 13 I will be in Seoul with my wife and son to visit my wife's family, as I commented am looking for information because he wanted to fulfill my dream to drive a ferrari at least a few minutes for this reason, if you know someone who wants to rent a Ferrari for 30 minutes, I would be ready to rent
thanks and greetings

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
thanks and greetings
I doubt any individual owner would rent their personal 'baby' for many reasons.

Your best bet is to present yourself to the renters that advertise on the Internet. There are a few, and the cost IMO is not that bad if all one wants to do is have some hours behind a performance vehicle.

I have no experience but see them advertising all the time and seem a nice alternative: Shoot, I'd probably do it with for a Lambo.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exotic cars in korea

I doubt any individual owner would rent their personal 'baby' for many reasons.

Your best bet is to present yourself to the renters that advertise on the Internet. There are a few, and the cost IMO is not that bad if all one wants to do is have some hours behind a performance vehicle.

I have no experience but see them advertising all the time and seem a nice alternative: Shoot, I'd probably do it with for a Lambo.
Thank you so much, then I tell them if I got something
lambo experience is :steeringwheel::thumbsup: but I prefer a Ferrari....:steeringwheel::steeringwheel: jejeje

I not can find rental places exotic cars in Korea,,, if anyone knows any please pass the information
many thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts