Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in South Africa imported or looked into importing a Ferrari?
It is practically impossible as there is alot of redtape, but maybe I am missing something. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boxer said:
Have you tried asking the local Ferrari Club for help ? Contact information is:

Sefac Southern Equitorial Ferrari Automobili Club
49, Central Street
Hougton
Johannesb.
South Africa

Director: Giorgio Cavalieri
Tel: +27 (0)114830007
Fax: +27 (0)114830096

tx, i'll call them on monday, you dont perhaps have their email address ot website?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tx, i'll email to them :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
The contact details for Sefac is 011 483 0007. Alison Fritz is the secretary and will be able to help you.

I have looked at importing cars from the UK. Bear in mind that LHD cars cannot be imported at all.

The problem with importation (once you have the necessary permit) is that the duties and shipping costs can make it prohibitive.

Take a 355 as an example. For a good RHD version you will be looking at around GBP45,000. Add another GBP2,500 for a contaner/shipping costs and convert it at 11:1. That means a cost of R522,500. Onto this you need to add duty at 40% and then VAT of 14% on top of the total amount. This takes the total cost of the car to R833,910. A 355 can be obtained at asking prices of around R1 million. It would then be up to you as to whether it is worth the hassle for a saving of R150k.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Z- Welcome to Ferrari Life. That post was six years ago, so he probably made up his mind one way or the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi T, im busy with a GTR import, so was wonderng the outcome
i will keep the blog updated as to the outcome
!
Z

1 - 9 of 9 Posts