Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If one happens to own a Ferrari,
Could they get free access to the Factory in terms of tour etc....

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know about the free bit. I know Ferrari charge the UK Owners' Club for the factory tour "package" which then forms part of the cost that members pay for the trip. You can also sometimes do a tour via the Owners' website (www.ferrariowners.com - free for owners to register on the site).

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I'm sure that someone on here said that a tour of the factory was approx 350 euros (and you had to own or have owned a Ferrari)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I'm sure that someone on here said that a tour of the factory was approx 350 euros (and you had to own or have owned a Ferrari)
The 350-odd Euro trip to the factory is indeed for owners, but it includes hotel stay for a night and I think lunch at Cavallino and diner at Montana as well as a trip to the Galleria museum. Someone told me the factory-only tour without those (organised through your local dealer) is 160 euro.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
There is no charge for a factory tour but you must have reserved at least one (1) month before your arrival date through your dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen very mixed topics about this online, some say they've been there without being Ferrari owners, most places say you have to be an owner. Is it possible to get inside the factory if you don't own one, or useless to even try?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Since the fiasco in 2007 between Ferrrai and McLaren you must to tour the factory :

a) own a Ferrari
b) have your dealer make a reservation for you a minumum of 1 month before your arrival date
c) have your VIN with you for verification at the front gate.

They no longer want anyone in their factory they do not know.

This was explained to me by my contact at F of SF who is a direct Ferrari employee.

If someone is charging for a tour they are doing so on their own. Ferrari does not charge, and you will not get in unless you own a Ferrari.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Since the fiasco in 2007 between Ferrrai and McLaren you must to tour the factory :

a) own a Ferrari
b) have your dealer make a reservation for you a minumum of 1 month before your arrival date
c) have your VIN with you for verification at the front gate.

They no longer want anyone in their factory they do not know.

This was explained to me by my contact at F of SF who is a direct Ferrari employee.

If someone is charging for a tour they are doing so on their own. Ferrari does not charge, and you will not get in unless you own a Ferrari.
+1. Tours can also be organized by the Official Factory recognized Owners Clubs.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'll never get to see round the factory now :cry3: and it's always been a dream I'd hoped to fulfill at some point in my life, but as I have no dealer and I'm not in an official F Club that's me screwed now.

Actually did get into the room off to the right of the gates were new owners collect their cars thanks to a very friendly security guard. And then got politely asked to leave the Cavalino as "we weren't wearing the proper atire.

I'm gutted now :cry:

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Contact Maranello. Send your VIN and proof of ownership (title or registration) and I am certain they will make accommodations for you.

#1 View from room of Planet Hotel
#2 Me at front gate
#3 Planet Hotel and Ferrari store

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Gcalo, nice pictures, have you got more to share?

When did you visit Maranello?

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Sept, 2007. We were in England for 3 days and Italy for 8. Our cousins from Belgium had a daughter marry in San Gimignano square by the mayor and then a reception in a castle in Tuscany that evening.

Great time. We were planning this Sept again but we now have a family reunion planned in Prague in May, 2010. So, it will be England, Belgium, Prague, Italy, France, and then England again for about 3 weeks.

Surprisdingly I only took a few pictures in Modena and Maranello.

Here are two more.

The first is the brand new Maserati showroom. The day we were there they were setting up for the world preview of the showroom and the Gran Turismo. They allowed us into the showroom, and we were the only ones there!

The second is a Ferrari stamping facility I found when looking for an address in Modena. Notice all the 430 body parts there on pallets.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great time. We were planning this Sept again but we now have a family reunion planned in Prague in May, 2010. So, it will be England, Belgium, Prague, Italy, France, and then England again for about 3 weeks.

If you are coming over to Europe next year, give us plenty of warning and we'll try to organise a FL welcoming committee for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
Contact Maranello. Send your VIN and proof of ownership (title or registration) and I am certain they will make accommodations for you.

#1 View from room of Planet Hotel
#2 Me at front gate
#3 Planet Hotel and Ferrari store
G, See the window with the 122 stuck on it behind you at the gates, thats the room I was in :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts