Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, so here it is, the 2009 Ferrari F60. Named in Ferrari celebrating it's 60th year in participating in F1. It was unveiled at the Mugello circuit due to bad weather at Fiorano.

The F60 features a lower, wider front wing and a taller, narrower rear wing as well as sidepod mounted mirrors. It has been fitted with Ferrari's Kinetic Energy Recovery System and the slick Bridgestone tyres can also be clearly seen. The F60 has been fitted with a 7 speed longitudinally-mounted gearbox. The new engine is a modified V8 in accordance of the new requirements and cuts the rev limit from 19000rpm to 18000rpm.

Massa is to take the car out on the circuit later today for it's first few laps.

Here are some pics of the F60.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks awesome! I like the look of the nose section and the black on the rear cowling makes it look really sculpted.

Slick tyres - whoohoooo!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
SLICKS!!!!!!!

:party-smiley-029:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Do any of our experts have an official answer on whether the Enzo was actually called the F60?

When Clarkson drove Nick Mason's on TG he referred to it as the F60.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do any of our experts have an official answer on whether the Enzo was actually called the F60?

When Clarkson drove Nick Mason's on TG he referred to it as the F60.
Sorry Archie, I'm no expert and maybe the experts on the site can correct me on this but the F40 and F50 where named in conjuction with Ferrari's 40th and 50th anniversaries and the Enzo was called the F60 in the beginning but when it was released it was not the 60th anniversary for Ferrari until 2007 and the name changed to Enzo Ferrari in celebrating their first World Championship of the new millennium in F1, and to celebrate this achievement they named the car after its founder, Enzo Ferrari.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Mike, I was sort of aware of what you have said, and the F40 launched in 1987 does tie in with the 40th Anniversary. The F50 was launched in 1995, some 48 years after the founding of Ferrari, but it was still given the F50 name to continue the sequence of numbers for supercars and it was built until 1997/8?. Hence the Enzo being called the F60 to follow that sequence, despite it being launched in 2002 and only built until 2004, 55 years after the birth of Ferrari.

I'm sure Boxer or Jonathan Tremlett will know the official answer.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Nice post, bit of a composite, as I saw different tires in the vid, including these wet set ups and the ending slicks....will be interesting season with the slicks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just read about this now :

Ferrari's newly launched F60 is 'illegal' according to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.

The car, revealed last week at the Mugello circuit in Italy, features rear exhaust outlets that reportedly contravene the sweeping new technical regulations.

The magazine said some of the Italian team's rivals have noted that because of the new rules cracking down on bodywork appendages like aerodynamic winglets, exposing the exhausts in the way the F60 is designed is not allowed.

A glance at the other new cars revealed so far - the Renault, Williams, McLaren and Toyota - shows that their exhausts have all been mounted in-board.

Auto Motor und Sport said it should not be too much of a problem for Ferrari to redesign the exhaust housing, but it may help to explain the team's retreat from the Portimao group test this week to Mugello.

Officially, Ferrari decamped to Mugello because of adverse weather forecasts for this week, but the magazine said the F60 also showed a significant problem with its front wing when tested last week.

It is suggested that, in light of these challenges, Ferrari concluded that it should be conducting the car's first major test as close as possible to its Maranello base.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts