Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in owning a Ferrari F40 in another color besides red. I have hear that they made Yellow and Black F40s but I do not know if that is true. If anyone knows anything about them, and/or has pictures, please reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am not sure. I've only seen red, but that doesn't mean anything...

Sorry that I could not be of more help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i have seen a couple black ones. but only in pictures. in real life i have only seen red.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any of those pictures?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i'll dig around for any. also have you looked in the dupont registry?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey Furious, can you please post a picture of your 360 Spyder? I love that car so much and can never manage to view enough pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have looked in Dupont, havent found one in there.

I don't have any pictures of my 360 right now, I just got a new computer setup and havent bought a new digital camera yet. I will post em up soon as I get everything working properly.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
As far as I know, Ferrari only made them in red, so any other color is resprayed. Good luck with finding your F40 :wink:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well, this is one of those Ferrari mysteries! I believe they also made them in yellow, but most yellow ones are repainted so I have been told. Have a pic of a yellow one somewhere taken at Maranello concessionaires. I will try to dig it up tonight. I also know the Sultan of Brunei had a RHD (!!!) grey F40 and in Germany there is a F40 repainted in light blue (!) Also several black ones are around (at least in the UK and Germany)

Niels

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
don't forget the Sultan also has a white one
and that grey one was for sale a while back in the US

i'm not sure if a yellow F40 ever left the factory, bot no black one did
those are all repainted

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive heard that sultan has some pretty interesting cars. Anyone have any information on the Ferraris he has?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh, and furious_ferrari, since you have a nice assortment of ferraris, which is your favorite that you own? And do you have a favorite that you don't own.
Mines the 288 GTO, but I'd be very lucky to even ever see a real one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I personally don't have a favorite. I enjoy my 360 Spider, because that is the one I drive the most. But the F40 and F50 are extremely fun. I'm currently trying to get my hands on a Yellow Enzo.

As for my favorite car...would have to be a Mclaren F1. I'm also in the hunt for one of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should just go for the McLaren and wait until the prices on the enzo die down a few hundred thousand, unless you find something close to the price it should be.
But thats none of my business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MeanRex said:
all except for the blue look great.
the blue just doesn't look right at all on that car.
I agree. The new newer style Ferrari blue is excellent, but that blue just isnt right.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I believe it was painted in the original EB110 Bugatti blue! Okay, it is weird, but it is very special and I like it anyway. There is even a NATO green 456 in Germany and I like that one as well. True, better colors are available, but the lines of the car make it beautiful whatever color :wink:

Niels

1 - 20 of 24 Posts