Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 360 Modena that is elligable for the extended warranty. does anyone have any info on this? What are the costs and is it worth it?
Thank you for any information,
Tom

·
Registered
151 Posts
I heard about $7K which includes the thorough inspection of the car! You can sign up for it 30 days before through 30 days after the original warranty expires. What did your dealer tell you?

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It may be worth your while because those beautiful cars tend to be need more attention after hteir warranty lapse. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had an extended warranty on my first Ferrari a 95' 355b. Cost about 2k (For 24 months) at the time (5 years ago) - It certainly was worth it as I had several problems with the exhaust system which cost more then 2k to fix.

Having said all that, $7k (Is that per year?) is a lot of money just for a warranty that you may never use. If you have a high milage car that you drive a lot then it could be worth it, but otherwise you may want to take a risk.

Dermot

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was just given this price informally by former shop manager at FSF. I guess $7k is a lot of money but relative to the cost of some repairs for a 360Modena, may still be a bargain. I was at Ferrari of Los Gatos and they had a 2000 Modena with brocken timing belt. A $22,000 expense they told me. I hope it doesn't happen to anybody out there... Just make sure you replace your timing belt at 3 years. Mine is coming up in May.

Cheers,

By the way, I am all signed up and confirmed for Sears Point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That price does sound high. I heard numbers in the range of $3500.00 for 1 year and between $5k and $6k for 2 years. I've tried to find information on this on the internet but was unable to locate any.
Thank you for the help,
Tom

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This warranty should be a factory guarantee, so it should be standard everywhere in the US. Are you going for the dealer's own guarantee?

·
Registered
473 Posts
4i2fly said:
I was just given this price informally by former shop manager at FSF. I guess $7k is a lot of money but relative to the cost of some repairs for a 360Modena, may still be a bargain. I was at Ferrari of Los Gatos and they had a 2000 Modena with brocken timing belt. A $22,000 expense they told me. I hope it doesn't happen to anybody out there... Just make sure you replace your timing belt at 3 years. Mine is coming up in May.

Cheers,

By the way, I am all signed up and confirmed for Sears Point.
I'm signed up as well Matt, I'll drop u an email to arrange meeting up for breakfast a little closer to the event!

Dermot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts