Ferrari Life Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
I had an extended warranty on my first Ferrari a 95' 355b. Cost about 2k (For 24 months) at the time (5 years ago) - It certainly was worth it as I had several problems with the exhaust system which cost more then 2k to fix.

Having said all that, $7k (Is that per year?) is a lot of money just for a warranty that you may never use. If you have a high milage car that you drive a lot then it could be worth it, but otherwise you may want to take a risk.

Dermot

· Registered
151 Posts
I was just given this price informally by former shop manager at FSF. I guess $7k is a lot of money but relative to the cost of some repairs for a 360Modena, may still be a bargain. I was at Ferrari of Los Gatos and they had a 2000 Modena with brocken timing belt. A $22,000 expense they told me. I hope it doesn't happen to anybody out there... Just make sure you replace your timing belt at 3 years. Mine is coming up in May.

Cheers,

By the way, I am all signed up and confirmed for Sears Point.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That price does sound high. I heard numbers in the range of $3500.00 for 1 year and between $5k and $6k for 2 years. I've tried to find information on this on the internet but was unable to locate any.
Thank you for the help,
Tom

· Registered
473 Posts
4i2fly said:
I was just given this price informally by former shop manager at FSF. I guess $7k is a lot of money but relative to the cost of some repairs for a 360Modena, may still be a bargain. I was at Ferrari of Los Gatos and they had a 2000 Modena with brocken timing belt. A $22,000 expense they told me. I hope it doesn't happen to anybody out there... Just make sure you replace your timing belt at 3 years. Mine is coming up in May.

Cheers,

By the way, I am all signed up and confirmed for Sears Point.
I'm signed up as well Matt, I'll drop u an email to arrange meeting up for breakfast a little closer to the event!

Dermot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.