Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Ferrari emblems on the back of the 84-91 Testarossas, some are black and some are chrome. Can you tell what years does the Testarossa have the black emblems and what years does it have the chrome emblems?

PS: I prefer the chrome one because the black emblem cannot be easily seen :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I tried to find information about this on the web but came up empty (see the attachment)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Black or Chrome.

I agree with Peter, They are black initially and the owners change them out or have them chromed. IMO the chrome looks much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, they were all black from the factory including the 512TRs (at least that's what I was told when I bought my 89 TR), which makes them nearly invisible. When I picked up my TR, I asked the dealer to replace it with a chrome one which they did for no additional charge (I think they normally sell the chrome ones for about $60). I also put one in the empty grill in front--the more horses the better you know :D

I hope Enzo will forgive my after market touches...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, diesirae, for clearing that up :)

I heard that driving a Testarossa requires a lot of effort (because it is a big Ferrari without power steering). Is this something you would get used to?

PS: I think the best looking Testarossas are the 89 - 91 models. I prefer the original front end design over the updated ones in the 92 - 95 models.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem. I didn't mean to beat a dead horse (sorry...)

It's actually not too bad during normal driving. Compared to my 308, the TR does feel like a big car and, at very low speeds, tight turning does take some muscle. I've found it to be a bit 'back-end happy' -- its not hard to break the rear loose on turns if I'm not careful. Of course it's a lot of fun to drive and getting more fun as I get more 'seat time'. I like driving the TR on longer drives and I especially love the power and 'tubi' sound when it gets above 4000 RPMs. What a rush!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts