Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Ferrari emblems on the back of the 84-91 Testarossas, some are black and some are chrome. Can you tell what years does the Testarossa have the black emblems and what years does it have the chrome emblems?

PS: I prefer the chrome one because the black emblem cannot be easily seen :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I tried to find information about this on the web but came up empty (see the attachment)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I believe this is done by the owner's themselves, the chrome Cavallinos are avaliable and not that expensive (always on Ebay).

As far as I'm aware, they were black when they left the factory, no options of chromed ones (although I agree that the chrome does look much better).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Black or Chrome.

I agree with Peter, They are black initially and the owners change them out or have them chromed. IMO the chrome looks much better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, they were all black from the factory including the 512TRs (at least that's what I was told when I bought my 89 TR), which makes them nearly invisible. When I picked up my TR, I asked the dealer to replace it with a chrome one which they did for no additional charge (I think they normally sell the chrome ones for about $60). I also put one in the empty grill in front--the more horses the better you know :D

I hope Enzo will forgive my after market touches...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, diesirae, for clearing that up :)

I heard that driving a Testarossa requires a lot of effort (because it is a big Ferrari without power steering). Is this something you would get used to?

PS: I think the best looking Testarossas are the 89 - 91 models. I prefer the original front end design over the updated ones in the 92 - 95 models.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem. I didn't mean to beat a dead horse (sorry...)

It's actually not too bad during normal driving. Compared to my 308, the TR does feel like a big car and, at very low speeds, tight turning does take some muscle. I've found it to be a bit 'back-end happy' -- its not hard to break the rear loose on turns if I'm not careful. Of course it's a lot of fun to drive and getting more fun as I get more 'seat time'. I like driving the TR on longer drives and I especially love the power and 'tubi' sound when it gets above 4000 RPMs. What a rush!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts