Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Ferrari. There are two clubs. Is there any big different ? Do they do the same thing? Why two?
:eek:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Why two? Some people formed the FOC because they weren't thrilled with the people of the FCA (like the FCA members weren't really interested in the cars but how rich they are). The FOC is supposed to be more low-key and geared towards driving and racing of their cars, rather than expensive parties.

This is what I've read on other Ferrari sites. I can't say from experience as the FOC is limited to a few regions in the USA only (not anywhere near me in Canada), so it is pointless for me to join.

But since you are in California (the main location of the FOC), its your choice...

I enjoy the FCA. The region I belong to is the Western Canada area and is very small (35 members), so it very friendly and relaxed. We do primarily shows and the occasional drive. The FCA Northwest region (based in Seattle) are our neighbors and they host a number of great events throughout the year.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bart,

Great question as I've been wondering the same thing. However, I joined the FCA and not the FOC on the assumption that are still a great deal of enthusiasts that do not own a Ferrari. Have you made a decision, yet?

Peter,

Thanks for the post and detailed description of the two. I have yet to attend a FCA event but look forward to it and seeing the attitude of those participating. I hope it's not snobby as I'm really just a pretty normal guy with a real love of the car; that may or may not be a fit with some. If the attitude's poor, then it'll be the most expensive hat and stickers I've ever bought! By the way, I love the sticker to the far right with the mountaineous silhouette.

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bart,

Forgot to ask, what type of Ferrari did you buy? I'd love to see pictures! Congratulations!!

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bart,

I just found your post about your 550. Again, my congratulations to you. I think they're made to be driven the same as a Monet was meant to be looked at and not stored in a dark room just to preserve the paint and reduce it's exposure to light.

There should be a shirt...Just Drive It

Forza,

Dane

·
Registered
457 Posts
Peter,

Thanks for posting the picture of your FCA decals. Now I know that the proper place to apply mine is to the left rear quarter window.

Barry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts