Ferrari Life Forum banner

Ferrari cancels new 2012 F1 car launch event

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  wetpet 
#1 ·
Ferrari has cancelled the launch ceremony of its 2012 F1 car because of the poor weather conditions in Maranello.

Maranello, 2 February – There was no let up from the snow last night, which continued to fall on Maranello and the surrounding area and the situation does not appear to be changing this morning. The forecast is still bad both in terms of predictions of more snow fall and of a further drop in temperature.

Therefore, the decision has been taken to cancel the presentation ceremony for the new car, which was to have taken place at 10.30 tomorrow. The decision was taken because of the weather conditions and because of the difficulties that would have faced the 300 or so people due to attend from the team partners, the authorities and representatives of the media in their attempts to get to Maranello.

Photographs and all technical information relating to the car, along with exclusive interviews, will be available to all on Ferrari Formula 1.

#2 ·
Hmmmmm interesting.

Didn't McLaren cancel their F1 launch this week.

Conspiracy theory anyone?

#4 ·
Must be getting my wires crossed Mike. Let's hope that McLaren doesn't go much faster than it is going in those pics for the rest of the season...:crowngrin:

#6 ·
Record breaking cold in much of Europe, so do not blame them for canceling. Parts of the Black Sea froze, and that is really unusual. When the Med freezes, then we should start worrying.

#8 ·
Stef- Testing was supposed to start on Monday, I believe, so not sure how the cold will affect that.

#9 ·
I'm wondering Terry if they are going to test drive which such weather conditions. These temperatures should last at least for another week and get even colder.

Although, I'm still tempted to drive my car this weekend as roads are very dry, just to see how the 430 behaves with -15C or more. I guess lots of power grace to the high air density but very low level of grip ;)

#10 ·
Stef- The car will work fine, but there will not be much grip until the tires warm up. As long as you drive at a medium pace and allow a little more room for braking, she will be fine. That is about 5 F here in the States, and pretty cold. Is that the low temperature or high? If low temp, no sweat and I have driven on days that cold. Cautiously, of course.

#12 ·
Stef- Lots of power, but you cannot put it down without winter tires. The summer tire compounds just do not work well at low temperatures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.