Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Fantastic sounds, but pictures would be even better.

I'm assuming that this is the long awaited F149 V8 2+2 that we've all been talking about?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Amazing sound :D

Chris

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic sounds, but pictures would be even better.

I'm assuming that this is the long awaited F149 V8 2+2 that we've all been talking about?
Archie,

I think this is the "Dino" or the low $100k Ferrari that has been rumored. The site shows the count down to seeing it. 8 months.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
It will be nice to see the official photo's when they eventually release them. All the indications are that it will look like a shorter version of the 599

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I don't think it will be cheap. We are not talking about a Boxster/Cayman sort of cheap, more like 997 GT3 sort of cheap, which still rules most ordinary people out, add to that the 30% premium to jump the 2 year waiting list and it will be near F430 money.
For most people the only way to get a 'cheap' Ferrari will be to buy a 20 year old V8.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
That is approx GBP50k or, GBP25k less than a Maserati Gran Turismo. That is cheap! :eek: I mean 'good value'!:cool:

I really can't see it being that cheap, I mean good value;) When a base model 997 starts at £65K GBP,and V8 vantage at £80K+ , Ferrari aren't going to launch it in the UK at £50K.
My guess is £85K - £90K min, plus the 2 year waiting list premium

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
The premiums will make sure the price isn't "Cheap". I just can't wait to see it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I really can't see it being that cheap, I mean good value;)

I can't see it being such good value either :(. I reckon GBP100k+ (which in about 8 months will be U$D300k :) )

Also I think it is targeted more at the nouveau riche on the East side of the globe, mass produced Maranello magic - Is it me or am I turning into a cynic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I can't see it being such good value either :(. I reckon GBP100k+ (which in about 8 months will be U$D300k :) )

Also I think it is targeted more at the nouveau riche on the East side of the globe, mass produced Maranello magic - Is it me or am I turning into a cynic :rolleyes:

I think you're spot on t1f.
Mind you, if it really is 50K GBP I'll sell my kidneys for medical research

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is the first official photo.

Some details on the car:

- Joins the Prancing Horse’s 8-cylinder family
- The new model will be available exclusively as a convertible with a folding hard top. Both chassis and bodywork are aluminium, in line with the rest of the current range. The California will be powered by a new V8 engine mounted for the first time in the marque’s history in the mid-front position

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Love the color. I think when I get Al over here to re-spray the 308 I'll do it in that color.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Congratulations Andrew. This forum is really up to date !!!!!!

Is this new car a 2+2 or a 2 only seater ?

·
Registered
532 Posts
All New Ferrari California! Pictures Are Here!

ferrari released pictures of the new mid-front engined v-8 GT.

http://www.ferrariworld.com/FWorld/fw/index.jsp

just go to the site and youll see pictures on the main page

they also have posted a website with sounds its freakin sweet

http://www.ferraricalifornia.com/webapp/

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2843/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_California

The Ferrari California is a Gran Turismo car that will be launched by Ferrari at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. It is a two door spyder with a folding metal roof. The California will be powered by front-mid mounted 4.3 litre V8 sending a reported 453bhp to the rear wheels.[1] The car revives the famous "California" name.

The California will represent a number of firsts for Ferrari. It will be the first front engined Ferrari with a V8 (others have all been V12), the first to feature a 7-SPEED!!!!dual clutch transmission, the first with a folding metal roof, the first with multi-link rear suspension and the first with direct petrol injection. It represents a new, fourth model range for the company.[2]

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Thanks for the links and pictures.

Mmmmm, I'm not sure about it, I think it's one of those designs that will take time to grow on you. It's not an instant hit.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I really like the new design:D

Chris

1 - 20 of 82 Posts