Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone interested, it is tonight. Here is the invite:

Dear Ferrarista,

We are pleased to invite you to attend an extraordinary event online: the official presentation of the new Ferrari California, which will be held at Maranello on Thursday, 18th September at 22:00pm CET.

Please go to www.ferraricalifornia.com and watch the live broadcast of the presentation gala, where President Luca di Montezemolo will unveil the new Ferrari 8-cylinder Berlinetta.

The new Ferrari California is here!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, I hope so too.

But finally I got a connection and saw the presentation. I thought it was live but not sure. Thanks for the tip Boxer!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I struggled through it last night. Started at 9:00am UK time and then it was an hour of pre-recorded stuff. Interviews with Shumacher, Massa, Kimi, Luca etc. Lots of shots of people walking around dressed in suits. Videos of the california shown including clips from the Micheal Mann directed promotional video.

I think they were in teh production facility as there were a couple of Californnia body shells on an over head conveyor.

An hour later it started. The engineering director said a few things about teh car.

Then Luca and Schumacher drove into the room in a red (?) Califormia to raptuous applause. Then went on to the stage and Luca introduched Micheal who then went on to talk about the California. Luca then followed and introduced a number of people who were involved in the development of teh car.

Made a few jokes. One was how the F1 team that was leading this time last year (McClaren) had Ferrari technology.

The difference between ferrari and it's competitors is that Ferrari uses "Hot" technology. Not technology in the freezer.

He also talked about how if you want a fast extreme sports car, you should ge the 430. The Cauliflower is a GT. You can go to the restaurant in it, put golf clubs in the back etc

Very interesting and very nice of Ferarri to share the occasion with us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was there, in Maranello I mean, together with other 1000 european customers.
The show was great, the car, shown in 4 diferent colors, stunning.
I own a 360 Challenge Stradale. It is the perfect complement to an "extreme" ferrari, or an older one if you like classic Ferraris.
In a nutshell, the car is much more beautiful live than on picture.
The trunk has room for a short journey, let's say 2 large hardcase an one softcase. The backseats good for... midgets :), in theory for 2 people under 1.6m.
The style of the interiors is inoovative, with a sort of suspended central sonsolle, high end leather and a state of the art entertainment/navigation system.
The sound, when the car entered in the room driven by Muchael, ... well music, closer to 355 than to the more metallic noise of the 430.
I thinkl optional 20" wheels are a must to get in order to lower a bit the car that looks just slightly high in the back with the standard 19" wheels.
Anyway, my personal opinion, a masterpiece in the purest Ferrari style, definitly not a Maserato or and Anston like car.
More details when mine will arrie next May, if Ferrari respects the delivery date in my contract :)
Ciao
Fabrizio

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was there, in Maranello I mean, together with other 1000 european customers.
The show was great, the car, shown in 4 diferent colors, stunning.
I own a 360 Challenge Stradale. It is the perfect complement to an "extreme" ferrari, or an older one if you like classic Ferraris.
In a nutshell, the car is much more beautiful live than on picture.
The trunk has room for a short journey, let's say 2 large hardcase an one softcase. The backseats good for... midgets :), in theory for 2 people under 1.6m.
The style of the interiors is inoovative, with a sort of suspended central sonsolle, high end leather and a state of the art entertainment/navigation system.
The sound, when the car entered in the room driven by Muchael, ... well music, closer to 355 than to the more metallic noise of the 430.
I thinkl optional 20" wheels are a must to get in order to lower a bit the car that looks just slightly high in the back with the standard 19" wheels.
Anyway, my personal opinion, a masterpiece in the purest Ferrari style, definitly not a Maserato or and Anston like car.
More details when mine will arrie next May, if Ferrari respects the delivery date in my contract :)
Ciao
Fabrizio
Sounds like quite a show at Maranello.

What made you decide for the California over a 612 Scagletti ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, the Scaglietti looks a bit too large for me, I like the v8 and the idea of all the new rechnologies the California is going to get is very appealing.
I know it will be a first, so a bit .... risky? But I really fel in love when I saw the car, believe me, one of those cases where the picture is far worse than the original. I think it will be a very "practical" car, for being a Ferrari, and I heard and saw the engine sound and the performances, so I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it. BTW, I'm not planning to sell my CS, I'm sure it's my choice for the track (even more than the Scuderia, altought slower is definetly more enjoyable to drive).
Anyway, in May I'll be able to confirm my ideas (even eralier if I'll be able to go to one of the presentations planned for next year)
I'll keep you posted
Ciao
Fabrizio

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Fabrizio, congratulations for the new car (and also for the "old" one, I admire the CS very very much!), I hope you get it in time!

Please do keep us posted, I think you'll be responsible for "changing our mind" about the California hehehehehe shouldn't be such a hard job if we all get to see the car on the metal and it really surprises us like it did to you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts