Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this quick review where tom ford from top gear says its VERY good and that it "oversteers quite neatly".

Well, the looks are growing on me, and if it actually drives and sounds great then it can probably wear the Ferrari badge. It's going for $200 large though I heard. And overall I still have mixed feelings about it. (Probably because the Cars & Coffee 'exotic' meet will soon be flooded with these things.)

Link to review

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks Maximilen for the link. I have pasted the below paragraph from another link from that article. Unbelievable!!

''What financial crisis? Ferrari is expecting record sales in 2008, the Italian automaker said it has sold out of the convertible until 2011. Ferrari has sold the entire 2009 and 2010 production of the $246,724 hard-top California.

According to Ferrari’s boss Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, 60 percent of buyers who have ordered the car have never bought a Ferrari. Montezemolo said that Ferrari will not be increasing production to meet demand and will continue with the 2,800 units planned for 2009 and the 3,000 planned for 2010.''

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---Ferrari has sold the entire 2009 and 2010 production of the $246,724 hard-top California.
I wonder how current this statement is.

I have been told by a Ferrari dealer that there are positions available for the 2010 production!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I wonder how current this statement is.

I have been told by a Ferrari dealer that there are positions available for the 2010 production!
Could it be due to some buyers for some reason that have cancelled their orders maybe?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Could it be due to some buyers for some reason that have cancelled their orders maybe?
Definitely - several have acknowledged that fact. Mostly it's due to the crisis: some because they can't afford the car anymore, some because they think it is unwise to spend so much money at this stage, some because they are worried about resale value, but also some smart ones that realise by cancelling the order now and re-ordering in 6 months time, they'll likely get a much better price... This last reason is particularly valid in the US where people are asked to pay over sticker.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
this car will not be a premium car: Ferrari bet bad on it, and the timing stunk

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I like almost all of the front of rear wheel well of the CA, and the mechanics are sound, suspension neat, and the interior, well, ok to very good....what's not to like about that and the auto roof, but that BMW rear end....hmmmm, or those exhausts: Ferrari needs to buy Pininfarina. I would be tempted to let Zaggato redo that rear. Italian rears :character_vampire: are meant to invoke exotic.

I like the new Quatroporte Masser, but, THAT can come down about 20k easily.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
--- Ferrari needs to buy Pininfarina.---
I would not be surprised to see this happen.

They lost $180Mil in 2007, and then the son was killed in a scooter crash in August.

I don't think Pinninfarina is in good shape now for its future.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
nope, not in good shape. They were shaky with just his dealing in the last year. He was pulling the co into some good areas, but now??

Hear the Dubai deal is off...too bad, nice guy and had potential...don't know where it went wrong: CA?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
not to hijack

but to finalize an off shoot I started about Pininfarina's future

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/08/is-pininfarinas-future-in-doubt-after-ceos-death/
"
Even prior to Pininfarina CEO Andrea Pininfarina's untimely death while out riding his scooter, the market for coachbuilt automobiles was shrinking fast. To wit, the Italian car design firm had recently just managed to sign an agreement with its creditors to reschedule the company's debt and is now asking for an extra one-hundred-million Euros from shareholders for future product development. Pininfarina is also planning on designing and building its own electric car using batteries and technology supplied by a French company known as The Bolloré Group. Currently, many questions surround the storied Italian marque. As of today, for instance, Pininfarina is without a leader as the company has yet to announce its next CEO, despite the fact that it is knee-deep in a turnaround plan to bring the company back to profitability. Can the storied design firm and coach-building company survive these tumultuous times without a leader? Time, as always, will tell.
"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts