Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Ferrari binoculars at the boutique store near my office. It looks neat and with strong Ferrari spirit. Does anyone own this piece ? Can someone tell me if it's performance as good as it looks ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I've never seen one in my life, but it seems like a useful tool for the F1 weekends, to keep track of the cars along the track!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Those are cute. Whats the name of your boutique? Intersesting that you found them in a store and they happened to have a marketing photo available to you in electronic format so you could ask us for more info. How close is that boutique to your office anyway.

Andrew - do you have anymore space available for sponsorship or are all the spots taken up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are cute. Whats the name of your boutique? Intersesting that you found them in a store and they happened to have a marketing photo available to you in electronic format so you could ask us for more info. How close is that boutique to your office anyway.

Andrew - do you have anymore space available for sponsorship or are all the spots taken up?
It's found at the SOGO department store near Taipei 101. SOGO gave me a CD with plenty of info of their Ferrari stuff when I expressed my interest on their Ferrari binoculars. They said many people already used it on the F1 race watching. Somehow I am not totally believe what sellers say about their product, I need real opinion from someone ever used it before I decide to buy one. This piece is very nice looking, but I am not sure if it's powerful enough (8X25) for the race watching ?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Actually, you wouldn't want anything more powerful than 8x for race watching, a 10x would be great if the cars weren't moving. You need to hold a 10x pretty steady to get a good view. The cars will be easier to follow with an 8x. The 8x also has a wider field of view so you can track the action with it better.
All races are held in the daytime so you don't need the low light capabilities of a big 50mm objective lens, the 25mm lens will be quite sufficient and the smaller size makes it easier to carry around with you. On the ships we need quite often to view things in the distance and the most common binocular size we use is 7x50. 7x to help steady the view (the ship is moving) and 50mm for low light conditions.

These Ferrari binoculars look quite good and they are powerful enough. But a binocular is only as good as the quality of its optics. I'd be curious as to who makes them. If you can find out who makes the optics let us know.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
OK, I did a search and found the company that makes them, William Optics. http://www.williamoptics.com/
It looks like a company that makes a quality product and these binoculars have roof mounted prisms, which is good, and full multi-coated lenses which is also good. They have all the elements of quality but I wouldn't be sure until I've looked through them. The price is $200 which is a bit high but is to be expected with the Ferrari name attached.

The comparable binocular by Olympus is $50 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Outba...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186471018&sr=8-9
click on the link and then scroll down and look at the user reviews on these binoculars. I might buy a set of these.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
...Should have added, Pete's got a friend who's a quartermaster in the US Army/Air Force. At home he's got a supply of the latest laser guided missiles and smart bombs that completely miss enemy combatants and only hit Brits;)

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Patrick Henry - July 1777 - "give me liberty or give me death"

Pete - July 1977 - "give me a 308 or give me death"

Archie - July 2007 - "OK, shoot him"

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Patrick Henry - July 1777 - "give me liberty or give me death"

Pete - July 1977 - "give me a 308 or give me death"

Archie - July 2007 - "OK, shoot him"
Excellent:D :D
Seriously, If I shot him, I wouldn't want to kill him, seriously wounded would be fine;) he has the same sense of humor as me, I really enjoy my Anglo/US piss taking sessions with Pete and would miss them if I finished him off

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I know...I just wanted to interject...I'm a little disconnected today. Medication is fun....Blew out (bad strain not rupture) the achilles on my clutch foot

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I'm figuring on 1 week with crutches, one week with bad limp, one week with mild pain, and one week double clutching trying to recover lost time driving my baby. No ferrari for 3 weeks......AAHHHHHH!!!

Thanks for your concern

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Solution to your problem.
Go to your local Ferrari dealer and pretend you want to upgrade to a 355/360 F1 with the paddle shifter and no clutch. However, you want to give it a really good test drive and 3 weeks should be long enough.
Take it back when your leg's better and say you didn't like it as much as your 348:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts