Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one advise me on what internal components I can upgrade in my 512TR to increase BHP. So far I am aware of an exhaust upgrade, ECU remapping, K&N airfilter. What else should I be looking at changing. Also I know that it is a big heavy car, and this limits its speed potential a little. Is there any way I can lighten it without changing the external look of the car?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dan Osib said:
Can any one advise me on what internal components I can upgrade in my 512TR to increase BHP. So far I am aware of an exhaust upgrade, ECU remapping, K&N airfilter. What else should I be looking at changing. Also I know that it is a big heavy car, and this limits its speed potential a little. Is there any way I can lighten it without changing the external look of the car?
Sure, lighter wheels will reduce the mass that needs to be rotated. This will increase torque off the line. You can add a light-weight flywheel which will free up horsepower and transfer it to the road (ie the flywheel does not add horsepower to the engine but frees up horsepower).

You could do this to the inside:

http://www.ferrariforum.net/members/viewphoto.php?id=1738

That is a TR as I'm sure you'll note from the dash. But the outside was unchanged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts