Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is a very beautiful car, I love the 550 and the 575M, and I love convertibles

so the Barchetta is a mixture of everything I like, with a great engine

but I read here that it doesn´t sell well

why is that?

if I had money, I think I would buy one

why shouldn´t one buy a Barchetta??

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ha, hadnt thought about the rain.

The way I see it is that practicality and ferrari really dont mix well. They're amazing cars, all of them. When they're built for the track they're even better.

Would you buy a $14,000,000 gto if you had the assets and the opportunity? I would, and thats not 'practical'. Neither is driving a 250 gto, it could get damaged, dinged, crashed, wrecked, the miles!!!! So many things that arent very practical.

Not to mention speed. The scaglietti is a 2+2 topping out at 200mph. The top speed on the roads of PA are 65mph. You CAN track a 612 but wouldnt you rather track a CS?

In any case I think the barchetta is amazing for what it is, a design piece. And you better make sure its sunny out or carry a couple towels in the garage just in case!

My two cents.

:green:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think a rather filmsy cloth roof is supplied but its not mean't for over 50mpH IIRC

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
stile - alpine said:
the Barchetta doesn´t have a roof??
a NY Yankees ballcap is all the roof you'd need 8)

hope you'll end up with your dream car one day.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jungathart said:
stile - alpine said:
the Barchetta doesn´t have a roof??
a NY Yankees ballcap is all the roof you'd need 8)

hope you'll end up with your dream car one day.
thanks!!! I hope so too =)

thanks for the info, guys

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
stile - alpine said:
I think it is a very beautiful car, I love the 550 and the 575M, and I love convertibles

so the Barchetta is a mixture of everything I like, with a great engine

but I read here that it doesn´t sell well

why is that?

if I had money, I think I would buy one

why shouldn´t one buy a Barchetta??
The reason it was sold poorly long term is basic economics, the 550 Barchetta is just not worth the premium Ferrari demanded over the base 550 Maranello.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
ferrarispider said:
Have you seen the barchetta with its roof up?? I challenge any one to say other than it makes the car look fugly.
Gotta agree - total afterthought. Looking through my photos for an example but luckily I can only find topless beauties :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
There are 2 brand new unit/unregistered units sitting in the showrooms in KL. Anyone interested?? The cars have been there since they arrived from the Factory. Both are in Rosso Corsa and Biege. So any of you guys who still think it's worth it, come here with your cheque book. The dealer is my friend and I promise you I'll get a good discount! :lol:

BTW there's also another unregistered black/black one in Singapore.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
It is a very beautiful car with the top off. I have a 1:18 scale model of one. I'd never before seen pictures of the car with the top on. Wow! That was an afterthought!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts