Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new guy here. Mopar kid by nature, but I have a question. I was given a small car when I was a kid, and turns out it is called a Ferrari Baby Bimbo. It's about the size of a pedal car, but a bit larger. I cannot find anything on them. I have a magazine from 1996 with one in it. Does anyone know anything about these? It's from the 50's and made of fiberglass. It is powered by an actual Ferrari starter motor. I'm going to sell it, but have NO idea what it's worth.(Once again, a Mopar kid). I appreciate any help that is given, and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi Paul,

I have nothing to offer you so far as help goes; just saying hello from a former owner of a 1973 Charger SE and a 1974 Charger SE Brougham. Cool cars, they were! :)

- Tony

·
Registered
465 Posts
Why do I suspect it might actually be "bumbo" or "bambo" and not "bimbo"??? :rofl:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't Sell Yet!

HI CHARGER,

THOSE LITTLE MINI CARS WITH AUTHENTIC FERRARI MOTOR PARTS, COULD BE WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK. I THINK YOU SHOULD EMAIL THE PIC TO ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW, AND SEE IF THEY HAVE ANDY INFO ON THIS. CHECK OUT THE PRICES ON THESE MINI CARS I FOUND ON A WEB SITE. I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT IS HAD TO BE A TYPO, BUT THEY ARE FOR REAL.

TELL ME I AM SEEING THINGS,AND THE TESTAROSA MINI IS NOT $97,000.OO.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

355F1:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It actually is bimbo. The car is not in the greatest of shapes, but it is pretty much complete. I'll take some pictures and post on here when I can get the time.

Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys, here's some pictures. Needs fiberglass repair and whatnot. So far I've found nothing during my endless scouring of the internet. I only have 1 magazine, and even that doesn't give much information.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well guys, here's some pictures. Needs fiberglass repair and whatnot. So far I've found nothing during my endless scouring of the internet. I only have 1 magazine, and even that doesn't give much information.
I believe I have seen one or two of these go through the auction circuit in the past couple of years. Suggest you give Bonhams a call in the UK to get an idea on the value.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
HI CHARGER,

THOSE LITTLE MINI CARS WITH AUTHENTIC FERRARI MOTOR PARTS, COULD BE WORTH MORE THAN YOU THINK. I THINK YOU SHOULD EMAIL THE PIC TO ANTIQUE ROAD SHOW, AND SEE IF THEY HAVE ANDY INFO ON THIS. CHECK OUT THE PRICES ON THESE MINI CARS I FOUND ON A WEB SITE. I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT IS HAD TO BE A TYPO, BUT THEY ARE FOR REAL.

TELL ME I AM SEEING THINGS,AND THE TESTAROSA MINI IS NOT $97,000.OO.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

355F1:eek:

Totally cool, can you post the link???

Mario

~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts