Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That's a bit brutal, Boxer. :)

IMHO it's an awesome car but I can't love the looks. I've seen quite a couple on the road so I must assume it's selling well enough. Personally I would never buy one because a) I don't have kids, and b) it's not what Ferrari does best. I'd buy a Maserati Quattroporte or something for half the price or less.

If you can deal with the fact that it's in Dutch, then here's a nice roadtest:

www.petrolhead.nl/2006/04/video_test_ferrari_612_scaglietti_f1.php

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Its a Ferrari - but not what Ferrari do best, IMHO
Can't get excited by it, but I guess it brings in the FatCat money
Only one that got my attention was the "Police" version on the World Tour

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
That's a bit brutal, Boxer. :)

IMHO it's an awesome car but I can't love the looks. I've seen quite a couple on the road so I must assume it's selling well enough. Personally I would never buy one because a) I don't have kids, and b) it's not what Ferrari does best. I'd buy a Maserati Quattroporte or something for half the price or less.

If you can deal with the fact that it's in Dutch, then here's a nice roadtest:

www.petrolhead.nl/2006/04/video_test_ferrari_612_scaglietti_f1.php

Onno
Sorry but I have never been taken by the looks and find it far to heavy for a Ferrari. There is a reason that the 456 GT is the king of depreciation and the 612 is quickly following in its footsteps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i own a 612 scaglietti, the car is really beautyful and i read that some people don't think it as a real ferrari....
for me is comfortable, and it's what i was looking for...
sorry for my english but im italian....
hi....

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
i own a 612 scaglietti, the car is really beautyful and i read that some people don't think it as a real ferrari....
for me is comfortable, and it's what i was looking for...
sorry for my english but im italian....
hi....
Welcome and your english is excellent. Every Ferrari is special to its owner. Enjoy your 612.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Not my favorite looking Ferrari, but I agree with Marlin, the one decked up up Police livery on the 60th anniversary relay looked great. Maybe in time it will be one that grows on me, I wasn't too keen on the 599 either, but I am quite keen now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
however, my friend has a 599 black... very goodlooking but the rear of the car its more nice with 4 stop and not 2... so mine i like more...
i have some problem in this period, the battery always blow (it doesn't start car) and many other problem about electronic system (doesn't open the rear fuel cap, the rear door (baggage) doesn't open to... and other such confusional problem that make me nervous...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Julian,

as I've just ordered mine I have a biased view, but they are fantastic.

I tried a 360, 430 coupe and spider, but at 6'2" (1.85m) they were a bit tighter than I would like. In the 612 - loads of room - can even have my daughter sit behind me, and still with a performance that makes the others look reserved (which they are not) given their size and weight.

I realise they are not for every one, the look only appeals to some, but climb inside and start the engine, and I defy anyone from falling in love with this car. I have read other threads discussing the looks on the 599 and 612, and how people who have seen they in the "metal" have had their opinions changed from their initial thoughts when looking at pictures. But again, I say that if they climbed behind the wheel - all would be forgiven.

612 - What a Car.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
however, my friend has a 599 black... very goodlooking but the rear of the car its more nice with 4 stop and not 2... so mine i like more...
i have some problem in this period, the battery always blow (it doesn't start car) and many other problem about electronic system (doesn't open the rear fuel cap, the rear door (baggage) doesn't open to... and other such confusional problem that make me nervous...
I now keep mine on battery conditioners all the time. Since I started doing this, never had a problem with the battery or any other electrical items.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just wanted to know,
What does everyone think about the Ferrari 612?
Dear comrade julian4,

For myself, and on the basis that the 612 is a proper four seat motor car, then, I think it is excellent. My understanding is that the gearbox has recently been changed to a proper automatic that will suit this car far better than the previous paddle shift automatic clutch device.

With kind regards,

Vulcan F-40

·
Registered
224 Posts
Boxer thanks for the link, what an incredible journey - one which I think everyone in the forum would agree, we wished we had been on.

I once did the Uk to the south of Spain in a straight run, 23 hours, but in a Range Rover it wasn't much fun, just very tiring.

Unfortunately due to family commitments, the collecting the car and doing a similiar run is out of the question, but the good news is the car is being transported next week and should be here by the end of next week. Can't wait.

On the age thing guys, 38 isn't old, but looking at my dad (60's going on 16) racing around a track last year, you can never be too old or young to enjoy the Ferrari experience.

One comment I would make though, after twenty years of working towards this moment (because in our teens we don't really know what we want), I do believe the wait (20 years) has made the whole experience far more impactive, and allowed you to build up the experience to appreciate the how lucky we are as owners. I truelly believe if your dad was to buy you one at 21, you would never really know the true value of Enzo's legacy.

Oh, and it also makes you feel 16 again. The excitement of seeing your first Ferrari as a kid in "the metal" can only truelly be surpassed by the feeling of buying your first one. (and I'm confident that will be surpassed the first time I start her up and drive off, and every time thereafter.)

Thanks to all for your best wishes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Request information on the 612

I'm new to this group and I do not own a Ferrari yet.
I contacted my nearest dealer ( Las Vegas Nevada USA ) and I was informed
that the wait for anything but a 612 was years and years plus a huge premium just to get it. Is this true everywhere?

When you order a new 612 can you get options?
Is what are they?
I would appreciate any other Information that can be provided!

I thank you for any and all replys!

Bob Stull

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I'm new to this group and I do not own a Ferrari yet.
I contacted my nearest dealer ( Las Vegas Nevada USA ) and I was informed
that the wait for anything but a 612 was years and years plus a huge premium just to get it. Is this true everywhere?

When you order a new 612 can you get options?
Is what are they?
I would appreciate any other Information that can be provided!

I thank you for any and all replys!

Bob Stull
You might have better luck with some of the Ferrari dealers on the East Coast. The market their is slowing down as a lot of the young Wall Street bankers will not be taking home mega bonuses this year. It is true that the waiting list for the 430 and 599 stretches for several years but their are plenty of 1-2 year old cars on the market. If you are willing to go this route, then I would contact a broker to arrange the purchase (Mike Sheehan at ferraris-online.com, is highly recommended in the US). If you have your heart set on a new car, then your best bet is to call around to a few different dealers and see who will offer the earliest delivery.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 612 Is Not That Beautiful. It Looks A Bit Outdated. But The V12 530hp In A 4 Seater Is Outrageous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the 612 Scag

Ferrari is great badge as second or third car... but if someone really wants to drive every day, with or without guest occupants, and have a softer "non race car" ride... 612 is perfect....

a daily driver with room for guests, in my opinion a pretty car with huge power...........

my vote is yes for the 612...... they all dont have to be "race cars"

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 612 Is Not That Beautiful. It Looks A Bit Outdated. But The V12 530hp In A 4 Seater Is Outrageous.
Ahem . . . My S65 has a V12 with 604hp (before chip), carrires 4 people and a weeks worth of luggage and it outpulls just about everything on the road. And its looks make it a bit of a stealth car. Still, I will admit it does not grab you soul like a ferrari.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts