Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was nobody present in Maranello
i just came back last night, i was over there for 5 days & had a blast
very good turn-up and several cars that i hadn't seen before (i mean s/n not type ofcourse)
altough it was blistereing HOT it was still worth staying out in the sun that long
here are some shots to start with already

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great pics!
Did you see the 360 Barchetta before then? :p

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirk, As usual, great pictures. I ended up getting soaked at Goodwood instead.
héhéhé
i know that it was pretty wet at Goodwood
heard it from Keith Bluemel who was there in friday & then flew over

and i saw the shots from there already

well, we were DYING for some shade & a little breeze
Ferrari was so kind not to enforce high prices, like a 0,5litre bottle of San Pellegrino was only 0,5€, so i got those per 2 every 1,5 hour or so

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dirk,

Had I been in driving distance I would have joined you. I take it you are planning to come to Carmel for the usual run of events?

Great photos by the way.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Great pictures! Thank you Dirk.

Its interesting that you see older Ferraris (pre mid 70's if I were to put a date) in a relative variety of colours, but post that date the vast majority are in a bright Rosso.
I wonder why that is? or maybe its just my imagination!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dirk,

Had I been in driving distance I would have joined you. I take it you are planning to come to Carmel for the usual run of events?

Great photos by the way.

Cheers
yep, i'll be there for the pre-historics and back out on monday after Pebble

are you around again this year?

btw
driving distance?
that was 1200km for me :D
worked on tuesday, tuesday evening in the car over to Italy, and i slept about 1,5 hours in front of the gate of Lamborgini :D

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great pictures! Thank you Dirk.

Its interesting that you see older Ferraris (pre mid 70's if I were to put a date) in a relative variety of colours, but post that date the vast majority are in a bright Rosso.
I wonder why that is? or maybe its just my imagination!
back then (50ths 60ths) red was standard on the racing cars but for the streetcar it was very common to get different colours
i was slightly bored by the MANY modern RED ferrari's
it was more fun to walk the field in search for rare & more beautifull colours
and BOY where there some STUNNING ones present

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Dirk,

I might be, I know you are busy with work and taking photos but if you have time in SF maybe we can grab lunch/dinner. Just remember to say 'Thank You' the next time you are at a sushi place not 'merci' ;) Trust me, they don't understand and this is the USA not France (I'm not saying I have anything against France).

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dirk,

I might be, I know you are busy with work and taking photos but if you have time in SF maybe we can grab lunch/dinner. Just remember to say 'Thank You' the next time you are at a sushi place not 'merci' ;) Trust me, they don't understand and this is the USA not France (I'm not saying I have anything against France).
no, this year i won't have time to have dinner in SF unfortunually

but if you come down we can go to Sushi Heaven in Carmel, that one is AMAZING

and did i say merci??
really? huh, well sorry, just a habid :D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
well, that's not very difficult american beer is worthless compared to our wonderfull Trappist beer :D :p
That's why I live in the U.S. I can buy any beer I want, both domestic and imported! And because you made that comment you have to drink a west coast beer of my choice and it is not optional. Broaden the horizon's I believe is the phrase :eek:

Cheers

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's why I live in the U.S. I can buy any beer I want, both domestic and imported! And because you made that comment you have to drink a west coast beer of my choice and it is not optional. Broaden the horizon's I believe is the phrase :eek:

Cheers
sure, like you can get Westmalle over there

and, well Richard already makes me try different local beeres when we are over there
but i still preffer wine :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts