Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wow it looks sexy. I didnt knwo if I was going to like it very much but even in the picture it looks very outstanding. I approve.

I was waiting for the geneva show but I lost track of time and forgot to check up on it, Im glad someone was looking out for it!

:)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Alright, so I went hunting around the Ferrari website to get some more specifics about the car and it seems overly obvious that this is a very serious car with very serious applications in mind.

Over 620 hp!!! Thats a rediculous number. That alone is competition enough with the power hungry and the 205+mph is WAY enough to compete with the speed hungry. With 0-62mph in 3.7 it oozes acceleration.

My concllusion ... gt circuits. Right now Maserati has made waves with the MC12, corvettes have been dominating for a while, and the DBR9 is also very strong. The 550 GTC has beeen falling behind (until recently when it had regained some ground). This is clearly a car meant for one thing, making a statement. I DONT think this car is all numbers. Frequently this debate comes up: "how many hp do you really need?!?". I think thats a silly argument.

HOPEfully Im right and they put the car to good use. Another horrible thing wold be to see this in high production numbers, that would piss me off.

Screw a new 8 cylinder Challange Stradale ... I say turn the 599 into a CS.

My two cents.

ok ... go ahead and rip it apart.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
So...as they say when you are looking at art, "What does your eye see first?" :rolleyes:
I see someone leaning up against my car! Hey! Get off of there!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ferrari pic mit beauty..............

MAMA MIA!........That's soma spicy meat-ta-ball.......

·
Registered
509 Posts
I want to hear/see it go around the top gear test track. OOoo that will be a good episode!

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wanna see this monster in some challenge on track! No doubts fro its dominations...... No more Corvette's or Astons, just Ferrari !!!!!!!!!!
620hp for 1600 kg it means 387 hp/1 tone. Good result. =)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wanderfull Beauty...... Can't take my eyes off it..... 611hp.....5999cc..... V12...... 7speed F1 Gearbox...... 1612kg..... Designed by Pininfarina....... Made in Italia...... Assembled in Maranello..... A Poem..... Just say that: Ferrari 599 Gran Turismo Berlinetta Fiorano..... Just a Poem..... Is this Love?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure I'd want the F1 transmission...........prefer the standard 6 speed on the console.........(One of the test mulesin spy photos had a standard shift).........

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I were to buy one then just with Mechanikal Gearbox..... I love the procedure to shift up&down, with such a sound on background...... Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.... I like it... =)

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
I can't agree more. I drove a F355 Spider and 360 Spider yesterday back to back. The F355 first then the 360. Having the manual gear box was more fun than the paddle shifter. Then again I wasn't on a racetrack but was driving in moderate traffic.

Although I will admit you did feel safer putting the gas to the floor in the 360 and keeping it there as you didn't have to take one hand off the wheel and the sound at 7,000 rpms still brings smiles to the face just thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Enzo250GTO said:
I drove a F355 Spider and 360 Spider yesterday back to back. The F355 first then the 360. Having the manual gear box was more fun than the paddle shifter.
How'd you manage to weasel your way into that? I'd love a chance to drive a 360 with the F1 tranny.
Actually, I'd like the chance to try out a TR. My dentist said he drove one and it was a whole different experience from the 3x8.

I agree with you all on the manual gearbox. Especially with the gated shifter in the Ferrari. It has a cool sound all it's own.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
My understanding (no, I've never driven one---darn it) is that it has a few idosyncracy.........UP shifts are made with the paddle on acceleration, but on deceleration it will downshift automataclly, if you do not do so yourself....
In the auto mode the shift are longish and sometimes clunky...........?????
Do not under any circumstances double tick the paddles (say at a stop light and you pull on BOTH to go into neutral)....you know that nervious habit sort of thing, where you make movements in multiples? Seems (according to the article now) double tick causes the computer program to not know what to do and it won't go.......you must turn the car off, re-start, turn off the alarm, then you can go..........
No, give me a slap stick.........

·
Registered
280 Posts
I still don't like the way this car looks, at all. The backside makes me sad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts