Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all it's been awhile since I have posted. I was wondering how many are going to be built,and what is the difference between the Euro spec car and the U.S spec car besides the lack of Launch Control?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
what is the difference between the Euro spec car and the U.S spec car besides the lack of Launch Control?
When you say lack of Launch Control, does that mean the U.S spec has no launch control feature at all? I did not know that :confused: How come the U.S don't get this feature?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow, the US car doesn't have launch control....that isn't fair...:confused:

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
just see if there is a button on the console that says "LC", GoFastKindaGuy ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
just see if there is a button on the console that says "LC", GoFastKindaGuy ;)
Whoa! It's not the "R" button. :D

I'll check when I go home, but I don't think there is one. :(

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
So the U.S spec comes with no Launch Control nor a manual :D and it is heavier. Any other differences from the Euro spec?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Whoa! It's not the "R" button. :D

I'll check when I go home, but I don't think there is one. :(
GoFastKindaGuy, the launch control button is actually close to the reverse button, as you can see in these pictures

if you really don't have that button, than you don't have LC :(

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Onno, you are so right hehehehe

I'd actually like a manual Scuderia even better ;)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I wouldn't have any use for a LC button if I owned the car either. Does this cause transmission problems such as the CS and the Nissan GTR have with launch control?

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
And don't worry, not having an LC is in the best Ferrari tradition...
No worries here. :) Its not about the launch, anyway; its about the curvey bits -- and fast upshifts to get to speed quicker. Besides, if I need it, I have a whole right foot for launch control!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I wouldn't have any use for a LC button if I owned the car either. Does this cause transmission problems such as the CS and the Nissan GTR have with launch control?

Chris
Yes, it causes intense clutch wear, a brand new clutch would last for under 10 "launches"

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yes, it causes intense clutch wear, a brand new clutch would last for under 10 "launches"
I can't imagine needing to use the launch control....unless you have a lot of extra cash..

Chris

1 - 20 of 44 Posts