Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the O2 sensors and yet the car starts fine, idles fine but then under acceleration its slow. I checked the catalytic converters but not the manifolds. I can see the manifolds have a converter built into them. Could bank 2 be bad? IE clogged. The car had sat for 5 years with 14k miles and when i purchased it i drained out thew old gas, did the full service including timing belts, clutch, every fluid including f1 and brakes. No metal in the oil. I just want to throw this money pit into the trash!! any ideas? :frown2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with above post not enough info but the first thing that jumps out is was the timing done correctly

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check engine light on?
Slow-down light on?
Codes?
Fuel trim?

Why were the O2 sensors changed?

No where near enough info to even start with a diagnosis.....
Slow down came on at one point last year before I changed the O2 sensors but not since, code said it was too rich bank 2 idles good and first but after driving it for about 5 miles it runs a little rough at a light when waiting. I always throw it into N when at a light. takes about 20 miles for the light to come back on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try flipping maf sensor from one bank to another and see if probably moves .. also check for intake leaks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read another thread last night about this. So I ordered 2 new MAF sensors that will be here Friday. The intake gaskets were just done at the same time as everything else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I read another thread last night about this. So I ordered 2 new MAF sensors that will be here Friday. The intake gaskets were just done at the same time as everything else.
If you flip them you can see if that is the problem before replacing them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want to buy a FF this summer and I refuse to sell this car to anyone if its not right. I just want to fix it and move on. I appreciate all the help thus far. I will swap the MAF sensors later today. I'm working from home anyhow. Covid-19 can kiss my A$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts