Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just thought of another question
which is to spark people's opinions,
Which Ferrari is better? - A 360 Modena or F430...
Judge everything!
Seriously even though the F430 is more modern, I am still not convinced that it is better than the 360 Modena!
Feedback is needed...

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I think the F430 is far better than the 360 in all aspects

just like the 355 is much better than the 348

but that´s just my opinion!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

360 better than a 430.....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! Fell off my chair laughing

Read up on both you will convince yourself.....

In my previous post I thought you really didn't know anything but now I know your trying to stir up shit to create conversations the wrong way.....

Pretty childish...

Still funny though….360 better than a 430.....hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

~

·
Registered
218 Posts
There is no contest on this one:
F430 is by far better than the 360.
Just read some review about it.

F430 was greatly improved Ferrari, because the competition press up hard.
The F430 could easily be named the best Ferrari ever(if we exclude the enzo's)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Argento said:
Neither - V12 or Walk.....

:drive:

Argento:cool:

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ferrari's...

STYLING—The basic look of the 360 Modena, itself an evolution of the F355, has further evolved in the F430, though it is less of a styling leap than the 360 was when introduced for the 2000 model year.
From - www.ferrari's-online.com

I gotta admit, that this comment could have been possible...:D

Anyway, if you all believe that the F430 is sooooo good, then comapre this!
An Ultima GTR to a F430!
For the Ultima - 0-100 mph in 5.3 seconds to the F430 of 9.2!
BIG difference...
Ultima, way more unique...

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Hahahahahaha!!!!!! It's a kit car.... Good performance but hey, all track cars are like that....nothing special.

Any track car can make better performance than a street car. You add cats, lights, hazards, windshield wipers, signal lights an air bag and bumpers and voila a street legal car.

This style has been done by everyone 30 years ago and the interior look like a home made dune buggy…..the ad on their web site says "this kit can be shipped to the US and be assembled at home"......hahahahahahaha!!!!!

It's 89k without angine and transaxle....it also says "All that is required to complete the GTR is a small block Chevrolet engine and a standard Porsche G50 transaxle."

Anyone interested in a lego car ????

Come on man, compare oranges to oranges not apples with tires.

~

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really hope you're kidding with that question......Ferrari is in the business of making their cars better and better not worse and worse!!!!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
F430 was greatly improved Ferrari, because the competition press up hard.
The F430 could easily be named the best Ferrari ever(if we exclude the enzo's)
Not sure I would agree the F430 is the best Ferrari ever. A great Ferrari but probably not in a top 10 of all time great Ferraris.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Concurr

Not sure I would agree the F430 is the best Ferrari ever. A great Ferrari but probably not in a top 10 of all time great Ferraris.
I tend to agree. I suppose one's opinions & tastes are influenced by where they stand in their Ferrari experience and also maybe age bracket in their life. Probably, younger owners and would like to be owners would claim the most recent Ferraris' the best. It rather seems academic since the arguments are very subjective and personal. All it matters if YOU think it is the "best" for your own reasons. (Whatever that best means). Jimmy

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts

I would have to dissagree with you on that, after a certain point, the older cars just dont cut it anymore. Now are they a dream to drive pur raw emotions.......hell yeah but I dont think a carburated model can keep up with today's new technology on the track....

I would say it's in the top 5...and I have to agree with Maximus136 Ferrari is not out to make a Ferrari that is not better than it's last model......and im not talking emotions, im talking pure stats.

Now when it comes to personal choice and likes, the car that makes your heart miss a beat just by opening the garage door...well Jimmy Chen Shiba said it best.....

~

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright...

Fine,
You are right about the Ultima being diverse, although the acceleration is of a SUPER standard compared to the F430!
Anyway, I also believe that the F430 isn't in the Top 10 best Ferrari's of all time, Althoug I do believe that the ENZO is!:drive:
That most definitely can be true, but that is only my opinion...

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I see things from a different point of view

to me, you have to think about the context

of course the F430 is a better machine overall than the F40, for example

but what was the impact that the F430 had when it was released?

big, I think bigger than the F360

but compared to the impact that the F40 caused in 1988?? nothing!!!

that´s why I think the F40 is better: in its own time, nothing could get even close to it (but the Porsche 997 Turbo and the Lamborghini Gallardo are VERY close to the F430)

·
Registered
218 Posts
In that case we have to be more precise what 'best' means.
Thats why I rephrase my self now and say that the F430 is the best performance ferrari, only second to Enzo.

But this is not a full prove statment either ;-) we have to exclude the improved models of F40, F50, and 360 CS also...
So it is No2 performance 'standard' Ferrari.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
It rather seems academic since the arguments are very subjective and personal. All it matters if YOU think it is the "best" for your own reasons. (Whatever that best means). Jimmy
Very nicely put.

It is completely subjective.

Performance is not the deciding factor. A 430 will completely outperform a 250 GTO but which would you rather have in your garage ?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
250gto ???

Very nicely put.

It is completely subjective.

Performance is not the deciding factor. A 430 will completely outperform a 250 GTO but which would you rather have in your garage ?
Boxer, you and I know what we want, but did you have to bring out 250GTO as comparison against mass produced F430 ??? Overkill ? Just teasing a bit. Jimmy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Choice of the 430 was due to the fact that in several of the posts in this thread, it was being crowned as the best Ferrari ever.

;)
Would it be treason to say I would much prefer a 250 SWB or even a 250 TdF to a GTO ? And lets not even consider the 275 GTB's...

Argento

1 - 20 of 22 Posts