Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha...

Hey guys! I'm new to the site. I have a 1997 Ferrari 355 Spider and its like a another woman. Anyways, I was wondering how big of an aftermarket support we really have. I know performance is amazing already but is there a short shifter (I really like it for the feel) and/or engine parts to help our cars get faster. Also what about traction issues with the 355? I like the feeling of the car but am sold out on performance and drag racing. Money isnt an issue so please feel free with your comments.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
There are lots of aftermarket upgrades you can get. Be sure to contact DexM our sponsor for parts ([email protected]) and tell them you are a Ferrari Forum member (gets you a discount). Beverly Hills Auto Design can also help out with parts and Powerchip! So all 3 our sponsors deal with what you are talking about.

Here are some parts you can get for your F355: Tubi/Lanari/Capristo exhuast (those are three different companies). Powerchip and remap your ECU you boost your hp ~20. You can also upgrade with carbon fiber parts from DexM.

Welcome to the site, make yourself at home. We have a few members in your area as well. If you ever need help on making your car faster let me know as I can help point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Link to a webiste? I have heard the 355's have had problems with their intake manifold cracking or breaking due to weak metal so I might as well upgrade it when replacing it (if it happens).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies...

I don't see any headers or other performance parts on the site except for the shift gate?

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Ferrari355 said:
Thanks for the quick replies...

I don't see any headers or other performance parts on the site except for the shift gate?
I posted their email above. They are in the middle of a update/redesign. They carry all the performance upgrades. I recommend contacting them and telling them you are a member here. I'm sure they can tell you what is best for your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

i dont know anything about this company but if money is no problem you can let them put a twinturbo on your Ferrari.

http://www.koenig-specials.com/ferrari/ferrari-f355.html

performance:
0-100 km/h 3,7 sec.
0-200 km/h 11,9 sec.
standing 1/4 mile 11,5 sec.
top speed 325 km/h

Performance looks nice to me, but the pricetag isnt: € 35.500,–

Greatings,
Eugène

p.s. I'll post some pictures of my car in the garage section(It's Italian and it's Red, but not a Ferrari :cry: )

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on your 355 :D I wouldn't modify the car. It is not meant to be a drag car. It was designed for road racing. You will never get it fast enough unless you go to a radical turbo conversion to even take a stock ZO6. It's just not worth your time. If you do decide to turbocharge it, what happens if it needs tuning? Will you send it to Europe to get it done? Its not always the dollar figure when measuring cost, its the time without your car is what costs more. Enjoy it for what it is. I will be getting my 360 spider in a couple of days and plan no mods to it. I just hope it holds up without any major repairs. If you want to go drag racing, you can get a mustang or camaro, slap on turbos or a supercharger with some other cheap mods and run 10's all day long. I have a 97 Viper GTS with some head and exhaust work and the thing Dyno's at around 650 hp and about the same in torque. The thing flies but very difficult to get the power to the ground from start. If you want the ultimate 0-60 stoplight to stoplight car, the 911 turbo imo is the best due to its all wheel drive technology and the ease of getting more power from the motor with minimal investment. Trust me, the drivetrain on the Porsche is bulletproof. Just my two cents or maybe four cents since the post was kinda long :green:

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi everybody,
i also think you dont have to tune a ferrari, but i found that site while i was surfing on the internet. It couldt be handy for people who want to have a turbo..... 0-100 in 3 sec looks very nice on a F50 :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts