Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own and
seen a Ferrari 333Sp in action?
I've seen pictures of the Ferrari, and it just looks brilliant.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I love the 333SP, never seen a real life version, but my son does have 2 Hot Wheels versions. That's probably as close as we'll get to owning one:(

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Seen two, both at Goodwood, '97 and '98.
Wish I had video, can't remember the sound :(
Well, whaddayaknow - two days ago I viewed a Ferrari DVD I had bought for the first time starring Alain de Cadenet and the car in the first photo you show, Marlin, is nicely featured in it.

It's a beautiful DVD, can't recommend it highly enough. Alain knows his stuff and he talks passionately about it. Plus the fact that they have arranged some of the most expensive F's on the planet for the video makes for a lovely viewing experience!

You can find the DVD here: http://www.victorybydesign.com/cars/ferrari.html and by coincidence it shows the 333Sp on the webpage.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've been lucky to see 3 of these awesome cars. The sound is unreal, very hard to describe. The 333sp does have two mufflers believe it or not, but it is still quite loud. The sound of the trans whine and engine together are unbelievable. I have a few videos I took of them on the track really getting with it, and also at idle. Some friends who watched the videos, some of them not even car nuts like me....couldn't believe the sound!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Well, whaddayaknow - two days ago I viewed a Ferrari DVD I had bought for the first time starring Alain de Cadenet and the car in the first photo you show, Marlin, is nicely featured in it.

It's a beautiful DVD, can't recommend it highly enough. Alain knows his stuff and he talks passionately about it. Plus the fact that they have arranged some of the most expensive F's on the planet for the video makes for a lovely viewing experience!

You can find the DVD here: http://www.victorybydesign.com/cars/ferrari.html and by coincidence it shows the 333Sp on the webpage.

Onno

I have that video Victory by Design and it’s fantastic…

Most of you know I’m a car audio/video nut and I play the video in my truck (parked of course) and crank the volume, and it sounds and shakes like I was sitting in the car driving myself…it’s just amazing, 142db of pure Ferrari brute sound…I love it. My wife thinks it’s funny, she says the windows on my truck a closed and she said she can hear the engine and gear shifting in the house. Alain de Cadenet has so much passion when talking about the cars and the Ferrari history that he could make anyone fall in love with these cars. Another great thing he does is talks about the 6 and 4 cylinders as well and explains how great they were too.

And one last thing…his opening statement is just brilliant….

~

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ferrari 333SP

I was on the pit crew with a Porsche 951(944 turbo) at the 24 Hours of Daytona.. We were next to Andy Evans and when the 333SP came in I would watch the crew pit the car. In that race, there was a bad oil spill and the safety crew put a lot of oil dry on the track. Andy's car sucked up a bunch of oil dry and clogged the radiator. It took a while to clear the radiator.
Charles
Jacksonville

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ferrari 333SP

When I lived in Northern Cali, I worked for a Porsche team, The Racers Group and we had one in our shop for sale. It had the Lista livery and I had the exact BBR model of it. I got to drive it once, but it was under tow (I was just braking and steering, too bad eh).

Scott

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ferrari 333SP

If anyone is interested there is a wheel for sale from a Ferrari 333SP for sale.
Check the for sale ads.
I bought one and it makes a neat coffee table.
Charles

·
Registered
76 Posts
Only just noticed this thread so this is a late/new contribution.
Should have one 333SP at the FCA Central States track weekend May19-20, 2012 at Gingerman Raceway in southwest lower Michigan.
Hoping to have more at Road America July30- Aug4, 2013 for the FCA National Meet.

Dan Harrison

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Only just noticed this thread so this is a late/new contribution.
Should have one 333SP at the FCA Central States track weekend May19-20, 2012 at Gingerman Raceway in southwest lower Michigan.
Hoping to have more at Road America July30- Aug4, 2013 for the FCA National Meet.

Dan Harrison
Any chance of getting some video of the 333 SP in May? They are such magnificent machines to watch in action.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Sorry for repeating myself. My Mechanic from Ferrari Italy work on many SP333 in his ferrari career.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
My guess is the 333 SP will continue to become more sought after as it ages. Will it doesn't have quite the same public profile as some of the earlier Ferrari GT race cars, the performance and usability put it in a different league.

It is one that is definitely on my longer term wish list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check around the web (sorry, forgot the link) for in-car video of fast lapping at the FCA 2009 National Meet at Road America. He and two others (partners in their 333SP) were much quicker than yours truly.
There were also some sessions at that event where the three 333SP's ran with four WSC racers that competed against the Ferrari's back when. I do not know of any other video postings, although the FCA had a DVD of the event. I shall always remember the view I had, surrounded by two 333SP's, a Lola B2K, two Riley-Scott Mk III's, and a Pegasus BMW.
Best.

Dan Harrison

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Check around the web (sorry, forgot the link) for in-car video of fast lapping at the FCA 2009 National Meet at Road America. He and two others (partners in their 333SP) were much quicker than yours truly.
There were also some sessions at that event where the three 333SP's ran with four WSC racers that competed against the Ferrari's back when. I do not know of any other video postings, although the FCA had a DVD of the event. I shall always remember the view I had, surrounded by two 333SP's, a Lola B2K, two Riley-Scott Mk III's, and a Pegasus BMW.
Best.

Dan Harrison
Found this one

Ferrari 333SP - YouTube

1 - 20 of 21 Posts