Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found Ferrari 328 GTS (1987) with 300hp for around 15.000
As a guys said it gone around 32 000km.
Just wana know if its a good price or not. Haven't seen a car yet.
And what needes to be cheked if i will go see it.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Are we talking $15,000 U.S. ? If so, yes that would be a good price... $45,000 for this car would be a good price. $35,000 would be an awsome price.

So, yes $15,000 is good. Too good I might say. I would be suspicious of the car at that price.

Make sure you get a Pre Purchase Investigation (PPI) done before you start negotiating for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2senna21

Ok, can you please describe it in details. Whats PPI? And how do i get it done if the car is sold by a private owner not a dealer?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a third party examination of the car. In other words have a mechanic who knows Ferraris, but doesn't have anything invested in the deal, take a look at it. They'll check the car out for about $100 or so.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2senna21
Ok thanks man. And what about repairs ? How much whould a regular repair of something cost ? Will it be too expansive ? I never owned a Ferrari so just want to know. The more infromation you will provide the better.
Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Artem, if that is $US the car is WAY WAY too cheap. Beware!

Arrange for the owner to take the car to a nearby Ferrari mechanic & have it inspected - you pay of course. It will take a few hours and you will get a report about everything that needs doing to the car. The mechanic should also indicate the cost to do each repair, so you then know where you stand. If the owner won't have it inspected then kiss it goodbye - there's something he/she is hiding.

You say the car has done 32,000 km. Is it an imported car from Europe? Is it RHD (right-hand-drive)? At that price you need to check everything 3 times over, starting with the VIN numbers stamped in the engine bay & above the steering column - that will tell you what market the car was made for. Check what records (services, repairs, ownership certificates) come with the car & go through them. If no records then expect that it hasn't been looked after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks people.
I also have a question:
I was thinking to buy Porsche 944 S2(1989) or 928 S4(1987) or that Ferrari. All aproximately the same price.
Which is better ? Or any other car in that price range and class. Better in terms of i want to spend as less time and money repairing it as possible and just enjoy the car. I am not a tough driver so i wont kill it every day.
Please give any suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Artem said:
Ok, thanks people.
I also have a question:
I was thinking to buy Porsche 944 S2(1989) or 928 S4(1987) or that Ferrari. All aproximately the same price.
Which is better ? Or any other car in that price range and class. Better in terms of i want to spend as less time and money repairing it as possible and just enjoy the car. I am not a tough driver so i wont kill it every day.
Please give any suggestions.
Thanks a lot.
Asking that question on the Ferrari Forum!? I have given this advice before. It is all in terms of personal satisfaction. You can get the Porsche, and if you are sitting at a light and a 328 goes by, you will be like "Wow, check out that Ferrari!" If you buy the 328 and you are sitting at a light and a Porsche goes by, the guys in the Porsche are going to be like "Wow, check out that Ferrari!"

The 328 is one of the toughest and most dependable of the 3xx series. You won't have to worry about reliability if you get a car that has been well looked after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot guys for helping.
How about gas ? Does it eat a lot ? And plus i am not a tough driver, i wont be kiling that car every day.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Fuel mileage will be in the teens in the city and twenties on the highway. The harder you drive it the lower it will go. You have to remember it’s 1980s technology. And that’s Italian/German technology not Japanese. Big difference during that period in history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts