Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend an independent Ferrari mechanic in the Tampa Bay area or a bit northward toward Ocala who knows 308's w/webers, does a good job?

Thanks,

RichardW

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also anyone have any idea where I can purchase aftermarket wheels for a 1979 GTS?
How about recommendations on exhaust? Do the aftermarket performance systems add any significant power? Or just a better sound?

Thanks..

·
Registered
260 Posts
Also anyone have any idea where I can purchase aftermarket wheels for a 1979 GTS?
How about recommendations on exhaust? Do the aftermarket performance systems add any significant power? Or just a better sound?

Thanks..
I live in the Chicagoland area and the only person/shop I trust is Piero Navarro of Motorcars of Distinction (www.modexotics.com). I have gotten burned so many time from Ferrari dealers and independent shops have screwed things up so many times. It is worth every penny for me to ship my cars after the driving season in November and get it serviced and shipped back to me. Piero has an enclosed trailer and has factory certified Ferrari and Lamborghini mechanics on site. He is also an authorized Ferrari parts dealer and is a dealer in many aftermarket companies (Larini, Capristo, Haman, etc.). He will answer any questions without pressure and I do highly recommend him and his staff. Friends I have referred to him have thanked me and have developed strong relationships. The shop specializes in sales, service, parts, and has a high end body shop. He currently is doing a complete frame off restorations on my 1956 Corvette, 1988 Countach, 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago (accident), and 1969 Chevelle. Again, go to www.modexotics.com and check out his website. He does have inventories on after market wheels as well or used wheels.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Richard

Contact D.Mauro who is a member here.

He knows a few very good mechanics in the Hollywood/Miami area.

He has a 308 and a Mondial. He will know.

·
Registered
260 Posts

Thanks..
I just had a Larini Exhaust system installed by Motorcars of Distinction and it definitely has more horsepower. You should call Piero and/or visit his shop and talk to Pompeo, who is the lead Ferrari Tech who has worked on Ferraris for over 30 years and was trained in Ferrari Italy. I did not believe in aftermarket exhausts until I had one installed on my 2001 550 Barchetta from Piero. After I found out the difference in performance and the sound, I got hooked and had it done on all of my cars. I would wait and do the Larini or Capristo exhaust until you need to do a full engine out service on your car. Pompeo also tweeks the ECU on certain cars that really gives it a major boost. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I talked to Piero yesterday, he was a great help. His driver is going to pick up my car in WI on Thursday (he has one in the area) take it to MOD in West Palm Beach, check it out, then ship it to my house when done. That way I will know it's ready to drive. Also will be saving me $250.00 in the process. I won't be getting it for an additional week, but when I do I know it will be right. Piero seems to have a first class operation, that does not nickle and dime you to death. Thanks again for the tip!

Ruchard

I just had a Larini Exhaust system installed by Motorcars of Distinction and it definitely has more horsepower. You should call Piero and/or visit his shop and talk to Pompeo, who is the lead Ferrari Tech who has worked on Ferraris for over 30 years and was trained in Ferrari Italy. I did not believe in aftermarket exhausts until I had one installed on my 2001 550 Barchetta from Piero. After I found out the difference in performance and the sound, I got hooked and had it done on all of my cars. I would wait and do the Larini or Capristo exhaust until you need to do a full engine out service on your car. Pompeo also tweeks the ECU on certain cars that really gives it a major boost. How about some pictures?

·
Registered
260 Posts
www.modexotics.com

Thanks! I talked to Piero yesterday, he was a great help. His driver is going to pick up my car in WI on Thursday (he has one in the area) take it to MOD in West Palm Beach, check it out, then ship it to my house when done. That way I will know it's ready to drive. Also will be saving me $250.00 in the process. I won't be getting it for an additional week, but when I do I know it will be right. Piero seems to have a first class operation, that does not nickle and dime you to death. Thanks again for the tip!

Ruchard

Richard,

I do not like to refer people to vendors but you seem like a great guy and do not want you to go through the nightmares I went through. There are dozens of exotic car independent shops in the Chicagoland area, but something I have never had luck with any of them. Even mechanics who work at authorize Ferrari dealerships sidejobbing have let me down. Every shop and/or mechanic can make a mistake but one thing about Piero is that you can call him anytime of the day, night, weekend. He has a fairly large operation but whenever his office closes shop, the work phone gets forwarded to his cell phone. I will tell you this, though, that he is one stubborn ITALIAN. He will not cut corners and is a pleaser. I think the trucker that will be picking your car up is Wesley. He just picked up my 1956 Corvette (A car that a reputable body shop in my neck of the woods have been working on for the past two years and I have over $70K invested and got tired of the lies and bullshit so I called Piero to finish it up for me) and will be going through Tampa. You get to see my unfinished Corvette if Wesley is the driver. Good luck to you and private message me if you need my number so we can chat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts