Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at work today and playing on the 32 Big Screen High Def TVs was Discovery HD, and the program was Monster Garage. The premise of the show is to take an otherwise ordinary car and make it something different (they took a Armored truck and made it dunk tank one episode). The objective is to make the metamorphasis in 7 days and for only 5000 bucks (car price not included), if the buildder make it then they get a set of tools.

This particular episode they took a 308 GTS and made it even MORE italian, if thats even possible. They made into a pasta maker!! They fitted the passenger seat with a flour mixer (for the dough), a press to make pasta shapes, and a conveyor belt to advance the raw dough into the hood. In the hood they installed propane powered grill top with two burners, one for the pasta, and one to heat the sauce OF COURSE!!. They finished off the project by giving it the worst paint job in the world and driving it up to San Fran to show it off at the oldest Italian restaurant in the country. They had a cook off using the ferrari vs the store.

Anyway, thought you guys would get a kick out of it. At first I considered it sacralidge, but the car was in an accident and they did something creative with it so I think its alright. Its always reversible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
That Ferrari was owned by Dane who used to visit this site frequently. It was a perfect 308 that Dane was particularly proud of. Those on this site who know Dane know how concious he is when it comes to his automobiles. The car was absolutely pristine. It got stolen and the thief ended up crashing it into a cop car during his getaway when he was trying to sell it to a used car dealer who tipped off the police. (Yes he's in jail now, for 10 years I think. Dane had some army equipment that was stored with the car also so the FBI filed federal charges).

The damage to the front end was completely repairable. Dane was going to do a GTO conversion on it, then he was just going to repair it back to original. He ended up selling it to a man who assured him he was going to restore it to it's former glory. This man sold it to Jesse James who turned it into "The Noodler"

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Here's the car when Dane owned it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Oh, BTW - if you want to update the registry, the serial number of the Noodler is S/N 37383

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Pete,

Thanks for the wonderful info on the Noodler. I did realize Dane's car was stolen but didn't realize all the aftermath that followed. A very sad string of events.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats sad. What a sad story Pete. You ruined it!! Just kidding. The damage was MINIMAL at best. They said it would take about 15k worth of investment but ony because the parts had to be made from scratch. The place where the propane tank is (front left fender) was missing and dented in, that was it. In the process of fixing it they cut the shredded pieces and put in the propane tank.

Its weird how little appreciation for the car Jesse James had. At the end of the episode they took it to San Fran and tried to make pasta. The machine broke under the pressure of the dough and the first words out of Jesses mouth were ... Now we have to blow it up. Those are the rules of the show. If the monster doesnt work then it has to be blown up. Anyway, I was closing my eyes in terror, he didnt blow it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts