Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took her out for a spin for the first time today, ended up doing 110 miles worth of highway driving, best car I have ever owned bar none. Ferrari is not just a car, it's an experience. I was totally surprised by how much you can hear the engine from the inside, the handling was heavenly, kind of like a go cart, the speed for its age was soo surprising, can't imagine how the carburetor version performs.

Anyway unlike my M3 or my Porsche, this car gets alot of attention and fast too, like a block away fast. So here is what happened today , which is pretty funny. I never speed...period, it's infantile and I don't get off on speeding, granted I will get to the speed limit in seconds flat, I wont exceed it ever.

I was driving on a main street in Staten Island ( Forest Ave.), not even barely doing 30 since the street is only two lanes for both ways, just checking out the scene and enjoying the purr of my 308, when all of a sudden behind me i see Police lights and they tell me to pull over on the speakerphone in front of everyone on this main street.

I pull over and immidiately have my license and registration in my hands. The police officer comes to my window and his partner is on the passenger side but in my blind spot, and Im thinking ok these guys are going to make my life miserable just because i have a Ferrari.

The Officer looks at my hand and says" why do you have your license in your hands? did you do something wrong?" and i told him no, I always have it ready. Anyway he goes on and says " What year is the car?" I tell him 1982, and then he says " It looks good for an 82" and i said all Ferraris look good.

Then his partner looks in my passenger side window ( which was rolled down anyways) and says " not much room in there huh?" and i told him Im 6'1 and have no problem, then i said did I do something wrong officer? and the one by my side said no we just dont see many of these around.

At that point i just gave a blank look at him and said nothing, I figured he was an idiot for making me look stupid in front of all these people, then he says, " so what do you do for a living?", I was so angry at that question I felt like I was in Nazi Germany in the 40's, at that point I answered sarcastically and said. " I drive Ferraris for a living. " anyway long story short he lets me go and gives me a thumbs up on my car and his partner takes a picture with his cell phone. Very heart pounding for absolutley no reason, and to those that don't have a Ferrari, i hope you all get that chance from the bottom of my heart but be warned.....The attention can get really old fast, like papparrazzi's.

With all this said and done, I have finally named my Ferrari....LOLA.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Haha, that's a great story. A bit childish of the cops to due that to you but then again, I guess they just wanted an up close look at everything.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Well, it is good that you didn't end up with some stupid ticket because they wanted to see the car. It is truly a shame that they had to do that in front of a main street with a ton of people around. They should've just driven next to you and pulled next to you at a light and asked if you could pull over in a parking lot so they could see the car.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts