·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Wow...I'm not sure how to react after reading that...

Chris

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is absolutely hilarious!

Chris

·
Registered
453 Posts
I must not get it. Where is the "Lambo" part? It's a Ferrari Rambler. Not Lambo.

????

Regardless, it's bizarre and borders on tasteless. The wheels are poorly chosen, and the overall look is much like a late 60s/early 70s VW hatchback.

I guess I don't see the point. It must be like climbing Mt. Everest or K2 "because it is there." This had to be created "because it could be made."

·
Registered
39 Posts
It was ebay last week. Of course no one purchased it, well not for a Million dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Ridler-Award-Winning-Ferrambo-Ferrari-Powered-Rambler_W0QQitemZ330266204045QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330266204045&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A3|240%3A1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

It is definitely an interesting concept. I liked the design, they did a good job incorporating Ferrari aspects into the car. It won the Ridler award for 2008, which is generally given out too 1930's Ford Coupe's. I think it was tastefully done.

·
Registered
43 Posts
As long as they're not using the Ferrari logo, I think it's kind of cool!

One of my dream cars is a custom 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible (although since Entourage came around, nice examples are really skyrocketing in value). I like the look and size for a casual day family cruiser, but don't want the headaches of a classic car. I had a customer shop with a crate M5 engine and tranny that never got transplanted into a customers M3 (ran out of $) and could have picked it up for around $15k. Thought it would be cool to have the classic look with modern performance but after some consultation, turns out it wouldn't be enough power. Now I'm looking for an 850CSi V12 donor engine to put a supercharger kit on to get the project started. I'm a fan of debadging vehicles, but I'm kind of thinking a small roundel logo on the shifter would be a cool conversation starter.

I do have the chance this week to buy my totaled Maserati Coupe for $15k and I just learned of someone making a supercharger kit for that...anyone have thoughts on the F1 clutch handeling the weight of the conty?

·
Registered
55 Posts
ferrambo

A standing salute to all of us doing occasional "stupid shit" with our lives and our money. Where would we be without the "characters" in our lives who take chances and guide us to the extremes. Obviously, these guys are artists. Let's salute them (as long as, as it was said they don't put the ferrari logo on it ).

f-man:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
As long as they're not using the Ferrari logo, I think it's kind of cool!

One of my dream cars is a custom 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible (although since Entourage came around, nice examples are really skyrocketing in value). I like the look and size for a casual day family cruiser, but don't want the headaches of a classic car. I had a customer shop with a crate M5 engine and tranny that never got transplanted into a customers M3 (ran out of $) and could have picked it up for around $15k. Thought it would be cool to have the classic look with modern performance but after some consultation, turns out it wouldn't be enough power. Now I'm looking for an 850CSi V12 donor engine to put a supercharger kit on to get the project started. I'm a fan of debadging vehicles, but I'm kind of thinking a small roundel logo on the shifter would be a cool conversation starter.

I do have the chance this week to buy my totaled Maserati Coupe for $15k and I just learned of someone making a supercharger kit for that...anyone have thoughts on the F1 clutch handeling the weight of the conty?

I think you will have a terrible time finding an engine out of an 850CSI. They are too highly desired, and most get rebuilt if they are crashed. You should easily be able to find one out of an 850I or 850CI, (I have an 850I) but those are a touch less powerful to begin with. Although I have been looking at putting in a twin turbo system, everyone seems to think that the 850CI is the best engine to do this to as you really want lower compression pistons so you can force more fuel into the powerplant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts