Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You people are hopeless ferrari optimists. The team may win but I don't think schumacher will be champion :D

Yes... I'm absolutely delighted :D

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Hey baso, (small b intentional), better to be optimistic about life, or what's the point. Obviously you will never understand. Pity is all that is left. :) Enjoy your delight, for what its worth, while we enjoy the racing.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Don't misunderstand me... I enjoy racing when it's true racing. But I also remember schumachers stunt in Monaco when he blocked the track by feigning a broken car. That's just plain wrong. So yeah... he was a fairly good driver but some of his victories weren't very well deserved (remember hitting Damon Hill in Australia?)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Well... you could perhaps mention that Renault took the constructors championship and that ferrari didn't provide the world champion :p

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I'll leave the pessimism and the negatives to you - you'll never understand, and for that I pity you. You bring nothing to this forum but at least you can take that away !! :)
Ferrari wins, Alonso and Renault are World Champions, Michael Schumacher no longer drives for Ferrari F1, and life goes on. Who will the pessimists hate now ??

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You don't get to call me a pessimist. I was very optimistic of Fernando's chances in Brazil !! The fact that I want other guys than ferrari to win takes nothing away from that.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I can call you pessimist, and I can call you sad. Unfortunately your optimism for Alonso to win today was beaten by a Brazilian's passion to win on his home track. Even Alonso was complimentary towards MS. Never mind, I'm sure you are passionate about something in life and I'm sure there is a forum about it out there somewhere, probably with that odd 0.1% in attendance. LOL :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I know this much:

Schummy didn´t have to win to show the world, in his last race, that he is still the best driver in action

it´s been so long since I´ve seen such a great race like today

Felipe Massa winning in Brazil after 13 years without a Brazilian winning at home, Michael going from LAST to 4th place, in his last race, and leaving the F1 with SEVEN F1 titles

man, what a great day

I´m so proud to be a Brazilian today =D

FORZA!!!!!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
marlin said:
I can call you pessimist, and I can call you sad. Unfortunately your optimism for Alonso to win today was beaten by a Brazilian's passion to win on his home track. Even Alonso was complimentary towards MS. Never mind, I'm sure you are passionate about something in life and I'm sure there is a forum about it out there somewhere, probably with that odd 0.1% in attendance. LOL :) :) :)
You misunderstand. I was optimistic about Alonso winning the championship. Him winning would have been great but a Brazilian winning for a Brazilian crowd does wonders for the sport. I'm very glad for that. Alonso has it in him to be the next great example of F1. He's young and he has passion about the sport. That's why I rooted for him. Just as I'm rooting for Massa (great drive, a lot of potential there) and Button and a lot of the other young drivers. It's great to see the sport has rejuvinated so much. And ofcourse there's two dutch drivers (very cool) and even a dutch racing team (Spyker... how awesome is THAT!!!) so I'm quite happy with F1.

But that was not my point. You said I'm a pessimist and sad. I tend to strongly disagree. I'm very happy and also a glass-is-half-full kind of person. Just because you don't agree with my choices in whom I support doesn't mean I'm any less of a person than you. It's called a difference of opinion. You should respect that. F1 has become exciting again and that's what should matter. Not who you're rooting for.

Do I dislike schumacher? Yes. Because he's done some very unsportsmanshiplike (is that a word?) things in his raching career (kamikazeing Damon Hill and the Monaco incident are just two of those) that in my opinion take away much of his greatness. There is no denying that he's won 7 titles and there's no denying that he's earned at least 5 of them... but even with all that... it should not mean that I have to like him.

And just for your information: I'm very passionate about Star Trek (and LOTS of other things). 0.1% attendance? I think not. My point: You know very little about me. I don't judge you, you don't get to judge me.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Basosz said:
You people are hopeless ferrari optimists.
Just as you would never judge us (see above LOL :)), I would never judge you. I just think it is sad to subscribe to a forum which you have no interest in. I watch Star Trek but I would not consider myself a fan, and I would certainly not subscribe to a forum with the sole purpose of mocking someone else's interest. It is cowardly to hide behind the anonimity of the internet - a brave man would don his Celtic scarf and voice his opinion at the Rangers end ! :) Just my opinion :)

I could comment on your Spyker F1 team, but I don't think I'll go there. :)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
marlin said:
I just think it is sad to subscribe to a forum which you have no interest in... ...and I would certainly not subscribe to a forum with the sole purpose of mocking someone else's interest... ...I could comment on your Spyker F1 team, but I don't think I'll go there.
Yes but you are very wrong here. I subscribed to this forum because someone was constantly giving me urls to topics on this forum (to show pictures) that I could not see because I was not a member. So I subscribed.

Plus, I've always had an interest in cars. Especially classic ones. While I do not like all those new ferrari's, I do happen to like the classics. I admit that I never post in those topics, but I very much enjoy seeing pictures of classic cars that are restored with blood, sweat and tears.

So yeah... I mock the new ferraris. But I did not subscribe here just for that purpose. Just to set the record straight.

About Spyker: you could say lots of things about it. You probably even should. But all that does not take away the fact that my little country now has its own formula one racing team. How cool is that? I think VERY !!!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Again I have to post a reply because im pissed off and it's the reason why I stopped participating in almost all discussions on this forum because of too much BS from people who talk down on Ferrari and all related issues like F1 AND who know nothing about nothing….

Marlin…

Why do you bother arguing with him? He loves to create conflict with people who have a great love and passion for Ferrari, anyways, here is where you get to identify the men from the boys…

The Brazil race was the best I have seen in a long time…he went from the back of the pack and almost made it to the podium…twice. He was pushing that car to its limits where very few drivers in F1 history have done and this includes Alonso. He was so aggressive that other drivers didn’t even bother to fight with him on the track. Kimi did a great job but MS pushed in that curve and passed Kimi and took that position like a bat out of hell….it was do or die….I love it. It almost felt like watching Gilles Villeneuve.

Now, is Alonso a good pilot, yeah…is he the best of the best…no. If he was, Renault would have paid him millions and signed him to another 2-5 years to keep him happy. This is another thing that most people tend to forget. Ferrari kept MS because he was the best, he treated his team like gold and he was paid lots of money to keep him happy and Ferrari winning.

There is not one team out there that has not dreamed of having MS behind the wheel of their car, he’s an expert driver and can tell his team how the car needs to be tuned for him to be successful (half the part of winning a race). He is aggressive, confident, fearless and has class when being interviewed on the podium…not like others I have seen throughout the years.

Basosz…

Now 2-3-4 or even 5 things done wrong (in your eyes) in a career does not remove greatness from a man who has attained the highest amount of wins, poles, podiums finishes, records and championships, get your head examined, it’s called life’s mistakes and they are made by even the greatest people in the world. Shit loads of mistakes are made by everyday non intelligent people day in, day out. Everyone makes mistakes whether its driver judgment or told to by “Management” because they want to win period. In racing, it’s not how you play the game it’s whether you win or lose. Either way, everyone is entitled to make mistakes and when you get a little more mature you will understand and expect to make them and use them as learning tools in life, if you’re somewhat intelligent.

You love to piss people off, and when they reply with intelligent comments about your ignorant replies, you then try to justify what you were saying by with “you misunderstood” and use words like “don’t judge me you don’t know me” !?!?!?!? but you seem to know everything about everyone who is on the Ferrari payroll……Ok miss Cleo !!!! You insult the company, the team, who happen to be some of the smartest engineers in the world, you insult the people who love and cherish them, dream about them and plan to own one some day.

One last thing, 40% or more of people who drive a car have bad judgment at 100km/h so when you’re talking about 200+ km/h on a track with curves and traffic…..well in my book he is a genius at driving an F1 car. I said this before and seems like I have to say it again…take your skateboard and go play outside…

~

1 - 18 of 18 Posts