Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Ive been infinately busy lately and havent had time to post.

To make up for it I went to the '07 Track Days for the FCA. unfortuantely I didnt have a chance to go to the Concours on Thursday and I heard it was incredible. But I DID snap over 400 pictures from the events on Saturday and Sunday as well as tons of footage of drive bys on the track.

Im putting the site together as we speak to host all the info. I'll post the link when its all set up.

-FJ

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frankly I dont know what I am going to do with the video.

Most of the video I collected were drive bys of the straight away at watkins glen. They are exceptionally short ... the sound though is fantastic.

There were several runs of a 333sp and a 250 TR. I expect I will make a video including those cars. Also many pics of those two diving into turns together.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Taste of the Event

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
:thumbup: Fantastic pictures of real beasts. I never see anything like that at my local area ferrari meets.

is the racer in pic 2 a 333SP, I've only ever seen a Hot Wheels version.

The 512 BB/LM looks awesome too, in fact they all do, I can't decide which I like most.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were 3, count them 3 333SPs at the meet. The 512LM was a fantastic car. it was loud as anything. The 333 made a fantastic sound. More of a whine than a traditional growl.

There was a 288 GTO, F40, F50, an Enzo AND an FXX. I was hoping they would all get together for a shot but they didnt. I have individual pictures and will post them on my website by end of day.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There was a 288 GTO, F40, F50, an Enzo AND an FXX. I was hoping they would all get together for a shot but they didnt. I have individual pictures and will post them on my website by end of day.
What's so amazing about that? I mean...Boxer has half of those in his garage....:stickpoke

But anyway....that would have been really nice. Of those I've only seen an F40 in person, but I was surprised about the FXX. Not only have I never seen one, I never hear anyone hear or anywhere else even talk about them.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
really cool!! can't wait to see the rest of the pictures and videos =)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... but I was surprised about the FXX. Not only have I never seen one, I never hear anyone here or anywhere else even talk about them.
The FXX was definitely a treat. It was quite impressive to stand next to. The young lady I was with likened the car to an airplane. I brought to her attention how fast it really was. Then she SAW it run on the track. That was fantastic. At idle the car is louder than most of the other cars there.

Here is the link to the site. Be patient while the page load, there are a lot of pictures.

http://web.mac.com/cjuncosa/Site/FCA.html

Enjoy

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
There were 3, count them 3 333SPs at the meet. The 512LM was a fantastic car. it was loud as anything. The 333 made a fantastic sound. More of a whine than a traditional growl.

Wow, I'm so jealous, we never get anything like that in the UK. The national concours always has some very old and rare classics, but very few racers and not in the quantity you had there.

I love that 333SP, my son has 2 hot wheels versions but they don't do it justice.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Wow, I'm so jealous, we never get anything like that in the UK.

Hey Archie, have you forgotten Silverstone already -
44 x F40s
2 x F50s
288 GTO
8 x FXXs

The UK can mix it with the best :)
Still want to go to the States though, to see all the F-cars over there :) :)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Hey Archie, have you forgotten Silverstone already -
44 x F40s
2 x F50s
288 GTO
8 x FXXs

The UK can mix it with the best :)
Still want to go to the States though, to see all the F-cars over there :) :)
Yes sorry about that, probably the greatest Ferrari event ever in the UK, and I missed it:(

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The FXX was definitely a treat. It was quite impressive to stand next to. The young lady I was with likened the car to an airplane. I brought to her attention how fast it really was. Then she SAW it run on the track. That was fantastic. At idle the car is louder than most of the other cars there.

Here is the link to the site. Be patient while the page load, there are a lot of pictures.

Enjoy
Thanks for the uploads. :thumbup:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anytime. If you have personal favorites feel free to make a request for the hi res pictures.

I know how much of a pain it is to get the pictures ou really want and I have no quams with sharing.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts

Enjoy
Really great pictures.

I have been on a track at the same time as an FXX. It is very fast on anything remotely straight but no faster than a Challenge car in the corners. And yes, it was very very loud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts