Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn anyone know what
is currently the fastest road going Ferrari and Racing course Ferrari?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Doesn anyone know what
is currently the fastest road going Ferrari and Racing course Ferrari?
Well, your question is pretty vague, especially the second part. Do you mean top speed or acceleration? When you say "Racing course Ferrari", do mean a Scuderia Ferrari Factory Racing F-1, a homoligation special, a contract car(i.e. the FXX), a semi-factory race car like the 550 LM-GT1, or production cars designed for Ferrari's Challenge Racing Series of which includes the new Scuderia 430.

As for road legal, regular production cars, the Enzo is king of top speed at 217+ mph. As for road course cars go, that question is to vague to really answer. What I can say is that of the semi-production cars (which means that at least two were made from the same basic blueprints) like the FXX and the F50-GT, the FXX accelerates the quickest with its lower ratio gear box, while the F50-GT could hit a mind numbing 235mph on OEM equipment. Truly amazing cars.:D

As a side note, both the regular Enzo and the FXX came in a mirrored Maserati version, both of which were de-tuned slighlty compared to their Ferrari counterparts, in the sake of Ferrari's pride.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Ferrari 248.....

Hahaha!!!!!

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Ferrari 248.....

Hahaha!!!!!

~
I was thinking that too.
It is no doubt quicker than anything else around a track due to it's high cornering speed and accelleration. F1 cars are about the whole package and aren't always about a top end speed. I don't even know what the top speed of a 248 is, 220 MPH? maybe more maybe a bit less.
Anyone know how it's max speed compares to an FXX? (231 MPH for the FXX, I think)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was thinking that too.
It is no doubt quicker than anything else around a track due to it's high cornering speed and accelleration. F1 cars are about the whole package and aren't always about a top end speed. I don't even know what the top speed of a 248 is, 220 MPH? maybe more maybe a bit less.
Anyone know how it's max speed compares to an FXX? (231 MPH for the FXX, I think)
It's a race car. Its top speed and accelleration change with each track it's geared for, and how much tire pressure they are running. If you wanted it to, an F1 car could probably do 300mph.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow, 300 MPH. Maybe they should enter them in drag races;)
Bonneville Salt Flats is the only place I can think of where a car could go that fast. And it certainly wouldn't be a drag race. It would take a few miles just to get a car that high geared to reach the powerband in top gear.

On you tube there is a video of the Top Gear guys taking a Bugatti Veyron to 253mph. It is quite amazing. Brought a tear to my eye, and that is the truth.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Bonneville Salt Flats is the only place I can think of where a car could go that fast. And it certainly wouldn't be a drag race. It would take a few miles just to get a car that high geared to reach the powerband in top gear.

On you tube there is a video of the Top Gear guys taking a Bugatti Veyron to 253mph. It is quite amazing. Brought a tear to my eye, and that is the truth.
They ran one of the Honda F1 cars in the Salt Flats a couple of years ago. I think it hit 300 mph or came very close.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, if a Honda hit 300 mph, imagine if it was a Super Aguri hehehehehehe

but seriously, imagine if it was a Ferrari, McLaren or BMW!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts