Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a dealership that Andrew recommended I visit while I was in S.F., turns out it was only 1/2 mile from the hotel I was staying at. The place was really cool. It was like walking around in an automotive museum but all the cars are for sale. Here's some pics I snapped. I could tell you what all the cars are but now what would be the fun in that? If you see one that catches your eye I can let you know how much they were asking for it. I probably got pictures of about 1/4th their inventory. I think the coolest car is the '29 Delage.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some more. The Delage is in this set, last one in the top row.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I want a Boxer............................ even if it is that 911 Carrera RS!!! hehehehe

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Wow Pete, pretty impressive. Great pics, thanks for posting.
I feel that I should know what the blue racer in the last set of pics is, but I don't recognize it, what is it? Is the Warwick sticker on the windshield the drivers name, ie, Derek Warwick, the ex F1 and GT racing driver?

Which one did you buy?

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Pete, pretty impressive. Great pics, thanks for posting.
I feel that I should know what the blue racer in the last set of pics is, but I don't recognize it, what is it? Is the Warwick sticker on the windshield the drivers name, ie, Derek Warwick, the ex F1 and GT racing driver?

Which one did you buy?
That is a '91 Jaguar XJR-15, #20 of 50 built. You were correct on Derek Warwick, he drove this car to a first place in Monaco. Here's a link to some interesting facts about this car:
http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/11249/index.html?no_cache=1&cHash=0105fed318

Asking price - $295k

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I can see it's a Jag now, and knew it was, there was something familiar about it, I just couldn't place it. I can see the similarities to the XJR-9 now. If it had been painted in the Silk Cut colours I'd have placed it straightaway.

only $295K, a bargain for a car with that pedigree. I see the original list price was $960K. The supercar Jags never hold their values the way Ferrari's do. The XJ-220's are worth even less now, £80K - £100K in the UK. A bargain when you consider what F40's are going for these days. Although the F40 is probably twice the car that the Jag is. (I'm sure Boxer would agree;) )

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want a Boxer............................ even if it is that 911 Carrera RS!!! hehehehe
They are asking $198,500 for the RS. Evidently you failed to notice the 512 BBi? Asking on that was $149,500.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
They are asking $198,500 for the RS. Evidently you failed to notice the 512 BBi? Asking on that was $149,500.
The BBi is similar money to a couple currently on offer in the UK, £75K - £80K in our money at 2 bucks to the pound, plus a bit of pocket fluff and a button;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I want a classic ferrari so bad I can taste it...or a maserati ghibli

That XJ220 race car is sexy enough to hump

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I have been tempted by the XJ220 a couple of times in the past several years. Basically for the wrong reason thought ie they are cheap vs their competition. When doing research on owning one, two consistent messages kept coming up, not a great drivers car and frightly expensive to run.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Pete, are you crazy? I'd neve fail noticing a 512 hehehehehe

But I thought the 512 would be more expensive than the 911 Carrera RS

that 911 is VERY expensive, then, I know it is THE 911, but still...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I can't get over how much the RS has increased in value. Five years ago, one of the two original touring versions that were in the country was sold for around quarter of that price.

I had a RS replica (based on a 1973 911T) that I used to race. I cannot explain just how rewarding that car was to drive hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts