Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Fabspeed O2 spacers/mini-cats on a 430?

I have their headers/blankets. I postponed installing the spacers based on erroneous information I received that they were not needed. The ones I have are the 90 degree version. Normal Car Super Guy sells them with 45 degree bends which I'm told are much easier to install.

Fabspeed has no installation instructions and have so far refused to provide any installation advice, claiming the 90 degree version is easy to install.

If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it. I'm tired of the CELs and finding a way to modify the ECU to ignore the discrepancy seems to be currently unfeasible.

Thanks in advance.

Ray

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Ray, can't help you with this one. Let's hope someone will chime in.
It appears as if I will have to buy the MkII OEM headers (It might be possible to buy a used set.) and install them so I can get the vehicle California SMOG certified. It won't pass with the Fabspeed headers on it because it's not possible to install the Fabspeed O2 spacers with the mini-catylytic converters.

When do that I can sell it I can buy the C8 I special-ordered. For $85k I get a new car, with no header issues, more features than the 430, and an 8-speed transmission with a Dual Clutch and the paddles mounted on the steering wheel. Plus I got the twin racing stripe option Here is a photo:

It's the 3LT optioned package with the lift option, the Z-51 package, and the Magnetic shocks. I am amazed at how much I was able to get for $85k. The carbon fiber bling is what can drive the price up to $130k.

Good bye Ferrari Tax!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I gave up on the Fabspeed O2 spacers and bought a pair from Big Daddy. They have no angle bends, the sensor screws directly into the spacer.

Ray

·
Registered
3 Posts
I gave up on the Fabspeed O2 spacers and bought a pair from Big Daddy. They have no angle bends, the sensor screws directly into the spacer.

Ray
Hi Ray,
Don't know if you solved your problem, if not, I have a pair of MK II's coming off an '08 F430 Spider in about 2-3 weeks, if interested.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone installed the Fabspeed O2 spacers/mini-cats on a 430?

I have their headers/blankets. I postponed installing the spacers based on erroneous information I received that they were not needed. The ones I have are the 90 degree version. Normal Car Super Guy sells them with 45 degree bends which I'm told are much easier to install.

Fabspeed has no installation instructions and have so far refused to provide any installation advice, claiming the 90 degree version is easy to install.

If anyone has any pointers I'd appreciate it. I'm tired of the CELs and finding a way to modify the ECU to ignore the discrepancy seems to be currently unfeasible.

Thanks in advance.

Ray
Hi, i use on my 550 special spacers that have a tiny cat made out of platinum inside them. So O2 reads through them Use them with cat bypass and no CEL at all. Have them straight or 90. If U need private me.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ray,
Don't know if you solved your problem, if not, I have a pair of MK II's coming off an '08 F430 Spider in about 2-3 weeks, if interested.

Bob
I did solve the problem by installing the Big Daddy O2 spacers with tiny pre-cat included.

If not, I would have bought your MKII headers.

Thanks,

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts