Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Should have the F50 back in a week. It now has a new clutch and four new tires.
The 4 new tires wants to try the curvy Swiss alps:D ! You should let 'em roll!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bring it on...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Getting 4 new ones for the 550 as well. I'm curious to know what it will drive like on new tires, this being my first swapping exercise.

How many miles did you squeeze out of the clutch, Boxer? Were you relieved or shocked?

I've just had a look at some 512BB records - it seems that on average that particular example replaced the clutch every 10,000 miles. Does that sound about right to you?

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting 4 new ones for the 550 as well. I'm curious to know what it will drive like on new tires, this being my first swapping exercise.

How many miles did you squeeze out of the clutch, Boxer? Were you relieved or shocked?

I've just had a look at some 512BB records - it seems that on average that particular example replaced the clutch every 10,000 miles. Does that sound about right to you?
Onno
Wear was not the cause of the clutch replacement on the F50. One of the seals went and allowed oil to contaminate the clutch plate, ruining it. Hence the need for replacement. Classic case of what happens when a car sits. Prior to my purchase it had barely been driven for several years.

On the 512BB, you should be able to get 15-20k miles out of the clutch if you are gentle with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi boxer , i have posted some pictures of your amazing F50 in the uk section from the concours show , i remember seeing your car when it was new in the north east , i took some photos of it in a dealership near durham around 1997 or 1998 but unfortunately cant work out how to post them as they are off 35 mm film , thanks for bringing your car to the concours , i know a lot of people comment on it as it is so rare to see one , Andy.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi boxer , i have posted some pictures of your amazing F50 in the uk section from the concours show , i remember seeing your car when it was new in the north east , i took some photos of it in a dealership near durham around 1997 or 1998 but unfortunately cant work out how to post them as they are off 35 mm film , thanks for bringing your car to the concours , i know a lot of people comment on it as it is so rare to see one , Andy.
My pleasure and you take outstanding pictures.

To post the old 35mm, you need to scanner to convert them to digital files. I have done it a few times in the past. Not hard to do and takes about a minute a picture. Most camera stores can do it for you if you don't have a scanner.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Wear was not the cause of the clutch replacement on the F50. One of the seals went and allowed oil to contaminate the clutch plate, ruining it. Hence the need for replacement. Classic case of what happens when a car sits. Prior to my purchase it had barely been driven for several years.
Ah, that's good to know, thanks. It makes me hesitant about a couple of Boxers for sale - it seems that they sit in the garage for quite long periods during their life. The 365 at Foskers for instance looks like a nice car but it has travelled 661 miles in the last 9 years! And 2,479 since November 1990! 137 miles per year... Hmmm!!

The beautiful looking 512BB they also have has travelled only 1841 miles since May '99, that's 204 miles per year. Not exactly a lot either.

On the 512BB, you should be able to get 15-20k miles out of the clutch if you are gentle with it.
Excellent, thanks for the info.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
275 Posts
137 miles per year... Hmmm!!

Onno
That should be illegal! A new law should be imposed: a minimum 2500 km per year per F car otherwise you have to turn it in...(and I'll be happy to enforce the law on that one:) )

Onno, what happend with the TVR? or did the BB desire took over?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That should be illegal! A new law should be imposed: a minimum 2500 km per year per F car otherwise you have to turn it in...(and I'll be happy to enforce the law on that one:) )

Onno, what happend with the TVR? or did the BB desire took over?
Louis, no decision has been made yet but we can firmly blame Archie! Always a good policy, I think. :)

He brought my attention to current Boxer prices in the UK, when expressed in euros they are really tempting. They're all RHD but since I'm about to spend more time in the UK, I can keep the Boxer over there. Their low prices in Euro mean that I can bring a Boxer purchase into this year if I forego the TVR. Since nothing is definite yet, I'll still test drive the TVR and see how I feel. But I really like some of the RHD Boxers that are for sale at the moment.

Onno

1 - 13 of 13 Posts