Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ferrari lovers.
Although I love Ferraries, I joined here for one purpose only.
I want to find out which Ferrari would win on a track.
1.F50 Vs Enzo. The F50 is much lighter but has much less PS. I do believe that the Enzo will win, but not with that big of a gap.

2. F40 Vs F50, this is confusing. I find many people on the net who claim that the old F40 would beat the F50, which I find unlikely. I believe that the F50 will beat the F40 with the gap of the Enzo would make on the F50.

If you have had this thread allready, please add the link.
Thank you all,

·
Registered
509 Posts
Im thinking the Enzo would out perfrom the F50.

The F40 and F50 debate is a little bit trickier. because the F40 if Twin Turbo Charged theres turbo lag and the F50 might fair better on a shorter course where getting up to top speed wouldnt be as important. The F40, on the other hand, might show its prowess on a longer higher speed course, the Nurburgring for example.

I guess they'll have to race them to find out!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just want to mention several points...
Compared to the Ferrari F40/50, the Enzo is more dynamically upgraded and modern, giving it the upper edge in horsepower, Torque, acceleration and maximum speed. Although, I do believe that in the later years, the F40 will be more valuable than both the F50 and the Enzo. I believe one thing that could make this a reality is that the F40 was THE LAST road legal Ferrari that Enzo Ferrari examined before he past away in 1988. Imagine, having a Ferrari which you know was the last Ferrari which the creator of Ferrari - Enzo Ferrari cexamined ever... i know i'd feel proud. Anyway, One thing i know in a race, It would be a close match between the F50 and Enzo, the F40 would fall behind since it is the oldest having the modern technology put into such as an upgraded gearbox, torque etc. etc.
The Enzo at the conclusion would win by a couple of seconds to the finish.:drive:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Enzo would handily outpace any unmodified/regular F50/F40. F50 LM... well, a different story. A highly modded F40... possibly a different story.

The key on the track would be the lateral g's (advantage enzo), braking prowess (advantage enzo) and the 0-100mph accel times (advantage enzo by a good margin).

A longer, more open track (or an oval) would have the enzo topping out at over 217mph to the other two's 201/202 mph. That is a significant difference.

Mind you... as an achievement in time, the F40 is incredible (1987 production) and shows how great the 288GTO platform really was.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You are probably right,
A highly modified F40LM could beat an enzo to the finish line of a race.
Even the F50 could if it was highly modified that is.

·
Registered
509 Posts
julian4 said:
Even the F50 could if it was highly modified that is.
Anyone say GT1? Thats apples and oranges. Enzo, F50 and F40 are street cars. If you want to compare comp cars then you're talking FXX (kind of), F50 GT1, and F40LM. Even still the distribution remains the same.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, I would like to see the 3 of them racing in some different circuits, that´s for sure!!

until that happens, I just think that the F40 is, by VERY far, the most beautiful!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Agreed.

Agreed!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FunkyJunc said:
Anyone say GT1? Thats apples and oranges. Enzo, F50 and F40 are street cars. If you want to compare comp cars then you're talking FXX (kind of), F50 GT1, and F40LM. Even still the distribution remains the same.
that is an excellent new thread we can start as soon as we finish this one.
I am looking forward of some meetings material.
Do we have owners of these 3 ferraris here?

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
vectra17 said:
that is an excellent new thread we can start as soon as we finish this one.
I am looking forward of some meetings material.
Do we have owners of these 3 ferraris here?

I don´t think so

about the F40 LM vs F50 GTE vs FXX, it is very hard to say, I have never seen times of any of the cars in a circuit

all three are amazing machines, but I think the FXX should be more efficient on the track

·
Registered
151 Posts
All well thought out arguments for the track -

But on the road - F50 Hands Down Winner !

Did anyone read the EVO 4 way test, (EVO 064 - Feb 2004), 288GTO, F40, F50 & Enzo ?

Look it up, it's a great read....

Argento

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Argento said:
All well thought out arguments for the track -

But on the road - F50 Hands Down Winner !

Did anyone read the EVO 4 way test, (EVO 064 - Feb 2004), 288GTO, F40, F50 & Enzo ?

Look it up, it's a great read....

Argento
My vote is for the F40;)

The evo article is one of their best. Also recommend watching the Top Gear episode where they test the Enzo and then feature the F40, McLaren F1, Jag XJ220 etc.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Boxer said:
My vote is for the F40;)

The evo article is one of their best. Also recommend watching the Top Gear episode where they test the Enzo and then feature the F40, McLaren F1, Jag XJ220 etc.
I thought about an EVO subscritption but here in the USofA its pretty pricey.

+1 for that Top Gear episode. Its a classic. The whole deal with Nick Mason and endorsing his book was a riot.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Boxer, I agree

that Top Gear episode with the Enzo, Carrera GT, F40, XJ220, McLaren F1 and the one with the 360 CS fighting the 911 GT3 RS are the best ones ever!!

man, when I think about it, you´re a lucky guy: soon you´ll have the pleasure to drive and own the F40

you´re my hero!! =D

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
On the track the Enzo would win. It is an up-to-date F1 car for the road. The F50 is an out-of-date F1 car for the road. Both great cars but 10 years of technology seperate the two.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
One lap of the Nurburring and the Enzo's shocks overheat. The Enzo was a street car from the start. The F40 and F50 were more competition derived, but a stock F40 would likely cook its brakes on the Nurburgring pretty quickly. For 10 laps, my money would be on the F50.

But really, this is somewhat analogous to the question of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts