Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day 2 started and ended without a cloud in the sky. We got up, threw our stuff in a small duffle bag, had a quick bite to eat, and headed down to fire the 308 Tender up. The 308, as usual, started perfectly with the 1st turn of the key, and after a few minutes of idling, we headed to the garage elevator of doom. Based on the paint scraps along the door edges, my guess is the elevator receives a commision from the local body paint shop for each car it nails.

After a couple of minutes and a full upper body work out. We had manuvered out of the courtyard and were on the road. As it was still fairly early, traffic was light and it only took 10 minutes to get out of the center of the city and to the garage to pick up the F50. Once parked along side we quickly transferred the luggage and cleaned the windscreen. One major issue with the F50 is luggage space. What was in effect a small carry on bag, entirely filled the "boot". On a trip of more than 3 days, you would be limited to toothpaste, a toothbrush, and clean underwear. The last thing we did before firing the engine up was remove the small emergency roof. I had put it up prior to shipping the car to keep the interior clean. While it looks quite diabolical, it actually is quite simple to install and can be done by one person without too much fiddling.

We were now ready to go. Immobilizer off, ignition key to the right, wait for the system check to run and flash ok, then hit the start button. With that, all 12 cylinder errupt right behind your head before settling into a steady high idle while the cats warm up. In an underground garage, it is brain rattling. As this is one car that really needs to warm up before you start to move, there we sat having our brains slightly scrambled for the next 5-10 minutes. Mini Me looked at me about half way through and said, next time just pick me up in front when you are ready to go. The two tempature gauges finally lite up the to the proper levels and we were off. Out the gate, up the road, and within 2 minutes on the ring road around the city.

More later.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
On a trip of more than 3 days, you would be limited to ......... clean underwear.
This is something I would require after an F50 drive!! :) :)

I echo JazzyO's statements!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
more, more, more!! I'm addicted to your stories hehehehehe

and nice key chain!

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Love the stories...

~

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great stuff. Eagerly awaiting the next episode. This is much better than those poor quality soap opera's my wife sits infront of the TV glued to.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sounds like you're starting up the Enterprise up there....And not the kind of Enterprise that Pete trudges around in...the Starship Enterprise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts